Menu

Interested in being part of a C-19 Symptom Study/App? (Mass General/Kings College)

J-rap

Because of my relatives in the medical field, my family was encouraged to be part of this study awhile back.  It's a Covid-19 symptom study led by Kings College/London and Mass General Hospital/Boston.  After you set up the app, it takes about 15 seconds/day to report on most days.  Once/week, it might take a full minute.  (If you have actual symptoms to report, it will probably take a little longer.)  If you skip days, that's okay too.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-2

ETA:  You do NOT need to have tested positive for Covid to take part in this!  This is for anyone, whether they're perfectly healthy or not.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Plum said:

I’ve been using this app for myself and my husband. I have no symptoms and haven’t been tested. Dh is positive. You don’t have to be positive to report. It has helped both of us take a moment to gauge any changes in his symptoms. He’s gone from weeks with one symptom to days with just about every symptom. Thankfully he’s back to less the 4 now. 

My only complaint is that we can’t access our own data. We can delete our data but not see what we posted a week ago. I have been using the app to gather info so I can write a separate symptom diary to keep friends and family updated but it would be nice to see it all in a table or something. 

You're right, I'd think being able to access your own data would be really helpful.  Has your dh been doing okay?

Also -- you're absolutely correct about not needing to be positive to report.  I should have mentioned that!  None of us are positive but we still report.

But I just don't report symptoms to them as they want.  I do them as my rheumatologist does-  any symptoms out of the ordinary since I usually have digestive issues due to neuropathy, and both muscle and joint pain due to RA and AS, rashes due to exczema, Sjogren's and Lupus,  breathing issues due to asthma and AS, runny nose due to allergies, etc.  It is like my dh who always is saying every time he coughs that he has the COVID as a joke-- except that he has cough variant asthma he refuses to treat and also allergies, which I need to up the treatment.  And in the Spring here, there were more people sniffling and coughing than not because our pollen gets so extremely high especially as we had record rains in Jan and February.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

But I just don't report symptoms to them as they want.  I do them as my rheumatologist does-  any symptoms out of the ordinary since I usually have digestive issues due to neuropathy, and both muscle and joint pain due to RA and AS, rashes due to exczema, Sjogren's and Lupus,  breathing issues due to asthma and AS, runny nose due to allergies, etc.  It is like my dh who always is saying every time he coughs that he has the COVID as a joke-- except that he has cough variant asthma he refuses to treat and also allergies, which I need to up the treatment.  And in the Spring here, there were more people sniffling and coughing than not because our pollen gets so extremely high especially as we had record rains in Jan and February.  

That definitely makes sense!