Menu

Experiences ordering plants

math teacher

I've bought from Etsy (couple different sellers), have never had an issue. the plant sellers package everything well to withstand the shipping and the temps without drying out. Have always received happy and alive plants.

What happens to them afterwards is completely on me 😄

• Like 1

You have 11 more days this year to order from The Chili Woman. I've received birthday gifts from her (I mean, friends and family ordered from her for me, not a gift from her 😄) a few times over the years. Shipping is great, cleverly packaged. The varieties are written on the pots (hard to see!), so if the labels are loose in the package don't give up and plant willy-nilly before you notice. 😊

• Like 1

What kind of plants are you ordering? Amazon has some really sketchy seed sellers, but I don’t know about their live plant supplies. 

I’ve gotten really great service from Bluestone Perennials. If the plant dies in a year you can call them and they send a new one. Gurney’s gave me good services on cane fruits and replaced a raspberry that failed to thrive. 

You’d probably do best shopping a nursery in your climate because those plants were raised in your local-ish conditions. 

• Like 1

I ordered garden plants from a CSA organic farm that is local for door step delivery or curbside at the local farmer's markets. They were the most beautiful starter plants I've ever received and are doing extra well.  So if you have a local option, highly recommend.  You could google for farms that work with your local farmer's markets for a ideas.  Just another thought.  

• Like 1

I ordered tomato and pepper plants from an Etsy seller (Clovers Home & Garden) and it was a great buying experience. The plants were packed very carefully and arrived in perfect condition. 

I'm a houseplant nut, but have only bought them from local stores. 

• Like 1