Menu

Stay at home weekend retreat-easy recipes to prepare ahead thoughts please.

AngelaGT

I am planning a silent meditation, yoga, writing retreat weekend-at home. Children are young adults and husband will be fine doing his own thing.

I will include walking, bike riding, and possibly a massage, but mostly want to focus on yoga and writing with moving meditations.

I would like non dairy, non sugar, and non flesh recipes to prepare ahead please.

I appreciate your time:)

• Like 1

What fun!  I'm assuming you are cooking lovely things for yourself and the other family members will do their own thing.  One of my favourite cooks at present is Dr Rupy Aujla.  You can search his website for vegan options, and many can be made ahead:

https://thedoctorskitchen.com/recipes?_sft_recipe-diets=vegan

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Thanks 1

I love some of the recipes by Pick Up Limes on youtube.  Her peanut-lime noodles are great.

But my easy meals are:

Falafel in pocket bread or tortilla with spicy hummus, red onion, cucumber, and bell pepper, all thinly sliced.  Drizzle of plain soy yogurt over it all.  

Mexican black bean bowls over rice/corn, whatever fixings you like.  

Breakfast :

Alternate between soy or almond yogurt with granola and dried fruit mix and rye bread toast with peanut butter and jelly.  Fresh fruit.  

Keep it easy.  Just make a big batch of something for dinner for the whole weekend, and have a falafel at lunch each day.  

eta:  oops, my breakfasts have sugar... sorry!

Edited by Monica_in_Switzerland
  • Thanks 1

For one meal, I'd cook a sweet potato ahead of time (maybe roast some pineapple chunks, too, if you want something special) and then reheat it and add to a bowl with some black beans and leafy greens.

A nice layered salad that fits in a wide-mouth quart jar is just--starting from the bottom--crunchy vegetables (such as carrots) + beans (such as cooked chickpeas) + softer vegetables (I like cucumber and tomato) + leafy greens + any topping you want, such as chopped nuts or a few berries. You could use lemon juice or a vinaigrette if you want dressing.

• Thanks 1