Menu

What can I make with corn tortillas

lynn

Tostadas are easy... fry the corn tortillas a tad to make them as crisp as you like. Top with beans, chicken or beef, shredded lettuce, cheese, salsa, avocado, etc.

I make a lot of tacos, but tostadas don't require that I stand at the stove and form the shells :)

I just made a taco bake last night--some people call it taco lasagne. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com. It was a huge hit.

Basically, layer meat sauce (could be ground beef with taco seasoning), tortilla, beans and cheese in a casserole dish.

the, "looks like vomit but tastes really good," taco pie recipe that I throw together in a flash. Here it is:

2 cans beans (I use pinto and/or black beans) or equivalent of ground meat (or a combination of the two)

1 can corn, drained

1 can tomato sauce

1 tomato sauce can of picante sauce

torn up soft corn tortillas

grated cheese

Basically, throw all of the ingredients except the cheese into a baking pan (I use a 9x13 glass) and mix together (hence the vomit appearance). Top with cheddar/jack or whatever. Bake at 350 til bubbly (about 20 minutes). I serve with some guac salad and a dollop of sour cream. Great stuff!

We had a little leftover chicken from last night. Warm the tortillas, roll some leftover meat in them, fry until crispy. (You have to hold the rolled tortilla in the hot oil for a few seconds to harden it or it will open and spill the filling in the oil.) The kids love them. Rather full of fat so I don't make them often.