Menu

I finally did it!

mum

After homeschooling for a lot of years, I hadn't really found my 'thing'. I needed a bit of income, I have poor health, but I needed something to do that was mine.

After several years of dreaming, I finally did it. I opened an Etsy shop. It makes me happy, and right now, that's important! 

If you feel like checking it out:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/fabricspeaks/

and... my daughter put her social media love to good use and helped me set up an instagram. I love that my kids are now helping ME! https://www.instagram.com/fabricspeaks/

Check out the story behind the name!

Thanks for being an awesome community, I still come to see what's up in this world.

• Like 27

Congrats! Looks awesome. 

You might consider playing up the fact that you're from England, maybe up in the section that says, "Repurposed fabric. Sustainable living. A colorful life." Something equally short, like "a dash of English flair" or something. Because Americans tend to admire English things and think that they are automatically more interesting and upscale, lol. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, katilac said:

You might consider playing up the fact that you're from England, maybe up in the section that says, "Repurposed fabric. Sustainable living. A colorful life." Something equally short, like "a dash of English flair" or something. Because Americans tend to admire English things and think that they are automatically more interesting and upscale, lol. 

Yes this. I decided on a stuffed bear on Etsy once because his maker mentioned that he was made with "German precision" or something like that. 😆(He really is a nicely made little bear and I love him.)

• Haha 1