Menu

Cookie Recipes

Would you all be willing to share your favorite cookie recipes. We have to go to a cookie swap on Wednesday, and unfortunately, I've gotten out of the habit of making cookies from scratch, primarily because we don't want that many lying around waiting to be eaten.

We are supposed to take at least 3 dozen. Thanks so much!

ricotta cheese cookies

2sticks butter

15oz ricotta

2 cups sugar

3tsp vanilla

1tsp salt

1tsp baking soda

4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all of the cookie ingredients well until the dough sticks together into a big ball. It will be sticky. Drop by teaspoonfulls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until the bottoms turn golden brown. Let cool for 1 minute and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. In a small saucepan slowly stir milk into the powdered sugar until it creates a glaze thin enough to be spread over the cookies. Stir over low heat then spread over cooled cookies. Quickly top with sprinkles.

Peanut Blossoms

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup sugar (for rolling cookies in)

Chocolate kisses

Mix butter and peanut butter in a bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and soda. Beat until combined. Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix again. Add flour and mix really well.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls (the first time I made this the dough was very soft and sticky and made this step a little difficult. This time, I've put the dough in the fridge to firm up a little to see if that will help in shaping them) and roll in the 1/4 cup of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned (this is very important for soft cookies! My cookies were a bit bigger so they took closer to 15 minutes). Take them out and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie's center. Transfer to a rack and let cool.

These cookies come out nice and soft as long as you pull them out of the oven when the edges have firmed and the bottoms are light brown. Most cookies I've tried end up too hard, but this recipe is perfect - the best I've found!

My all time favorite is the impostor Neiman Marcus cookie recipe. However, it is not a simple one! I'll be making it for our cookie swap later in the month *slurp*!

Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

(Recipe may be halved):

2 cups butter

4 cups flour

2 tsp. soda

2 cups sugar

5 cups blended oatmeal**

24 oz. chocolate chips

2 cups brown sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)

4 eggs

2 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. vanilla

3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

** Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

My favorite in a hurry cookie: Chocolate chip meringue

2 egg whites

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

6 oz chocolate chips

preheat oven to 325

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks begin to form. Add sugar 2 Tbls at a time. Mix well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool completely before storing.

Quick, yummy, and fat-free. Although all that sugar will turn to fat if you don't burn it off.

I have also brought in slice and bake with the recipe card stating: Go to store. Buy package of premade cookie dough. Follow directions on package.

This is one of the best cookie recipes I've ever found--and that's saying a lot, because I am a cookie freak! I don't make them into "sandwiches"-just use them as regular cookies.

recipe by Giada De Laurentiis, Food Network

Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

Prep Time: 45 min Inactive Prep Time: 4 hr 0 min Cook Time: 30 min Level: Easy Serves: : 4 dozen individual cookies or 2 dozen ice cream sandwiches

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs, room temperature

3/4 teaspoon pure almond extract

1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup whole almonds, toasted and chopped

3 pints vanilla ice cream, softened slightly

1/3 cup amaretto liqueur

Line heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Finely chop the oats in a food processor. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs and almond extract. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts and stir just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped almonds.

For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart (do not flatten dough). Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 13 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. The cookies can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.

To make the ice cream sandwiches: Place the ice cream in a large bowl. Mix in the amaretto. Cover the ice cream mixture and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.

Arrange 12 cookies, flat side up, on a baking sheet. Top each with a scoop of ice cream, then another cookie, flat side down, pressing slightly to adhere. Cover and freeze the sandwiches until they are firm, at least 3 hours. Sandwiches can be made up to 4 days ahead. Wrap each sandwich with plastic wrap and keep frozen.

Sour Cream Pastries

1 c. butter

2 c. sifted all-purpose flour

1 beaten egg yolk

1/2 c. dairy sour cream

1/2 c. apricot preserves (any flavor you like, really)

1/2 c. flaked coconut

1/4 c. finely chopped pecans

Granulated sugar

With pastry blender, cut butter or margarine into flour till mixture resembels fine crumbs.

Combine egg yolk and sour cream; blend into flour mixture.

Chill dough several hours or overnight

Divide dought into four equal portions, keeping each part refrigerated until ready to use.

Roll each part to 10-inch circle on lightly floured surface.

Spread with 2 tablespoons of the preseves; sprinkle with 2 TBS of the cocunut and 1 TBS of the nuts.

Cut circle into 12 wedges with fluted pastry wheel (pizza cutter will work too).

Starting from wide end, roll each wedge into a crescent.

Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 20 min. or till lightly browned.

Remove from sheet; cool on rack.

Makes 4 dozen pastries.

Well...I went with the Neiman Marcus cookies. They were delicious and a big hit. I had to take my dh to work early that day, so I actually took her advice and baked them the night before. Thanks! We have another cookie swap (we're in 2 homeschool groups) in a week and a half. Maybe I'll try a different one?

Well...I went with the Neiman Marcus cookies. They were delicious and a big hit. I had to take my dh to work early that day, so I actually took her advice and baked them the night before. Thanks! We have another cookie swap (we're in 2 homeschool groups) in a week and a half. Maybe I'll try a different one?

Oh, hooray! I'm so glad. I was so looking forward to making them for our swap, but I realized today that we have a nut allergy conflict! I'm not sure how they'd be without nuts, so I may have to run a little taste test first :D

I'm really glad they worked out for you.

Oh, hooray! I'm so glad. I was so looking forward to making them for our swap, but I realized today that we have a nut allergy conflict! I'm not sure how they'd be without nuts, so I may have to run a little taste test first :D

Except for peanut butter cookies, I always exclude the nuts from any cookie recipe I use. I just don't care for them (except for peanut butter cookies :001_smile: ). They always turn out great (better, in my opinion ;) ).

Except for peanut butter cookies, I always exclude the nuts from any cookie recipe I use. I just don't care for them (except for peanut butter cookies :001_smile: ). They always turn out great (better, in my opinion ;) ).

Do you think? I'm not very creative in my cooking, so I hate to cut things out without a good review first! That's probably what I'll do, since I don't like nuts in cookies anyway :D