Menu

Paypal - Money is waiting for me???

mlktwins

Hi all!  I've been looking through my PayPal account since I'm using it a bit more for personal things.  When I log in, it tells me I have $19.99 waiting for me and a button to accept it.  But...I don't know who or what it is from.  Any way to see who sent it before I accept it?  Or...should I just accept it?  I guess I could send it back if it is in error.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Midwest Momma said:

I don't remember seeing an "accept" button - only the option of withdrawing money from my account.

Did you click on a link to get there, or type the address in yourself? Could it be a false PayPal site?

Can you go to the "Activity" tab at the top? It should list who sent it.

Not a false Paypal account.  I’ll take a picture.

• Like 1

I think something changed in how they set up accounts. I had Money waiting too the last time I logged into PP. I had to decide how to set up my cash program or something like that. I can’t remember exactly. Mine was there from something I sold a long time ago but had wanted to keep in my balance. After I set that up then the money showed in my balance.

• Like 4

Hilltopmom is correct. If you sold something and the other person paid paypal then it would say that there is money waiting for you. Then you are directed if you want to deposit it to your linked bank account or begin a paypal account. The default of Paypal storing your money for you is gone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilltopmom said:

I think something changed in how they set up accounts. I had Money waiting too the last time I logged into PP. I had to decide how to set up my cash program or something like that. I can’t remember exactly. Mine was there from something I sold a long time ago but had wanted to keep in my balance. After I set that up then the money showed in my balance.

1st photo is what I get when I log in and see my summary page.  2nd photo is what I get when I click on Accept the Money. They want a small fee (???) for transferring to my bank account.  Not sure how much the small fee is???

ETA:  Wonder oif there is a fee for gettng a check by mail?

D592A290-8998-4E1C-9D09-63DF9F960B83.jpeg

83FC7080-FAF4-43C5-81DB-A88446BBD8E0.jpeg

Edited by mlktwins

2 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

1st photo is what I get when I log in and see my summary page.  2nd photo is what I get when I click on Accept the Money. They want a small fee (???) for transferring to my bank account.  Not sure how much the small fee is???

FYI--they only apply a fee if you want the money immediately. If you are willing to accept the money deposited in a couple of days (to your bank), it is free.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cintinative said:

FYI--they only apply a fee if you want the money immediately. If you are willing to accept the money deposited in a couple of days (to your bank), it is free.  

Thank you!  It worked and was free to be applied to my account in one day.  Just didn't want to click on anything not know what it was -- LOL.

• Like 3