Menu

Do you quilt? I'm having trouble with a pattern.

stephanier.1765

I can use any help y'all can give me. I'm trying to make the quilt pictured. I even have the same layer cake, which is why I bought the pattern in the first place, but I'm having trouble with the cutting directions. For example, eight 5" squares are cut from 2 pieces of the layer cake, as well as a ninth from a 3rd one. However, if you look at the picture, each center piece (the 5'inch squares) of the blocks is a different fabric, which means nine 5" squares from 9 different fabrics. 😱 I'm really struggling with knowing what cuts come from what fabrics. Maybe I should make a practice one before I cut into the layer cake. Ugh, I bought the pattern so I wouldn't have to figure this out. 🤬

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

It appears that you use background yardage for all the light fabrics except those 9 pieces you’re asking about. So if you want them to all be different, then yeah, you could cut them from 9 fabrics. But I’d pick three fabrics and thus save some of your layer cake pieces for other things instead of cutting one square from each. But that’s just me. 

• Like 2