Menu

Small present - REALLY need some ideas

SereneHome

I'll give as much info as I can...

My 11 yr is doing basketball this years. This is his second year. Last year was a disaster - they didn't win a single game and I think their coach pretty much gave up on them after 3rd or 4th loss. It's a town recreational team, not competitive at all, and my son really didn't know anything about  basketball until then, but sill - it was soul crushing watching him and his team loosing over and over again.

This year their coach is very different. He is truly working with the team, even rented a court for an hour for extra practice when they missed regular practices during the holidays. My kid just called and told me they won their second game and he is ecstatic.

Sure, may be the kids on the team are better this year, I don't know. But I see how their coach is working with everyone, how involved he is and how my son is flourishing and I would like to get him a little something at the end of the season.

But I don't know this guy at all, so it would have to be something very generic and not offensive (like a I get him 6 pack of beer and find out he is a recovering alcoholic or something) 

So, what could I get him?

1 minute ago, arctic_bunny said:

Does the organization have a Coach of the Year type thing you could nominate them for? A favourite team jersey? I would probably go for the gift card. Or ask him if he’s planning on a windup, and pitch in for that? 

I don't think so....

I think GC sounds good, just need to figure out to what restaurant....

My husband coached several youth baseball teams back in the day, and he was given several small gift cards to places like Starbucks, Barnes & Noble (my favorite) and Chick-fil-a.  We did not need the money, but it was still very much appreciated.  Notes from the parents and/or the player were appreciated just as much.  That's great that the coach is having such an impact on your guy.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SereneHome said:

I think GC sounds good, just need to figure out to what restaurant....

Do you have Chipotle in your area?  Everyone (dairy free, gluten free, vegan) can find something to eat there.  Maybe enough to cover a meal for two?

Edited by DoraBora
  • Like 1