Menu

Vegan food ideas to ship to my SIL

Momto6inIN

SIL just had a baby - yay! Usually if someone nearby has a baby I bring them a home cooked meal, but she and my brother live 4.5 hours away. Sometimes in that situation I send a gift card for takeout or pizza somewhere nearby. But since SIL is vegan I don't feel confident doing that. Any suggestions for something easy to prepare for a new mom that I could order and have shipped to their house?

58 minutes ago, Lang Syne Boardie said:

Noodles and Company has a lot of vegan options. If you can ask your brother about Ethiopian restaurants in their area, they will frequently have vegan options, too.

55 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Not a vegan, but what about a nice selection of hummus, muhammara, and olive tapenade?  Or, they might have a favorite restaurant in their city where they can get take out that's vegan.

53 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

I'd look for vegan friendly restaurants in their area for a gift card.  

29 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Do they have a Panera Bread nearby? They have several soups, salads, and sandwiches that can be made vegan by request.

ETA: Cheesecake Factory also has quite a few vegan options.

They live in a very rural area without many (any?) restaurant options without driving quite a ways. She makes most of her own food and almost never eats out.

I like vegan caramels.  different vegans eat differently, but for me (I  eat wild fish/game but no other animal products, including dairy/eggs), special treats are things that are vegan versions of dairy-based desserts, largely.  Vegan caramels, vegan cheesecake, vegan chocolate bars, etc.  You can find them online.

• Like 2