Menu

I bit the bullet and ordered gift cards.

MaBelle

For all our kids from Amazon.  I hope they're happy with them.  I actually spent more on the card amount than I probably would have on gifts.  I feel so unburdened.  Buying gifts for nine adults is so stressful for me.  I know people who are amazing at picking out gifts but for some reason buying for my own kids and kids in law is the most awful thing I have to do at Christmas.  My parents and sister are no problem, neither are the grandkids.

So now I'm going to sit back and enjoy.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, MaBelle said:

For all our kids from Amazon.  I hope they're happy with them.  I actually spent more on the card amount than I probably would have on gifts.  I feel so unburdened.  Buying gifts for nine adults is so stressful for me.  I know people who are amazing at picking out gifts but for some reason buying for my own kids and kids in law is the most awful thing I have to do at Christmas.  My parents and sister are no problem, neither are the grandkids.

So now I'm going to sit back and enjoy.

Great job!  I need to do this, too.  Christmas is absolutely ruined for me due to the stress of finding gifts for everyone when they would all probably be happier with gift cards anyway.  

Enjoy your holiday season!

I’m writing a generous check to DD and SIL, so they can get some quality patio furniture. They just relocated to San Diego and have a great outdoor space. Oldest DD will get a pair of Clark boots she been admiring and a smaller check to apply to her student loan. Yes, it’s freeing not having to stress over gifts🎄

• Like 4

The day I realized I could simply write a check and mail it to my niece and nephew was liberating!  No scouring Amazon wish lists, no price shopping, none of that stuff!  Here's a check! Have fun!  It's 100% not my problem now! Love, Auntie Lemon

My grandma always used to send a check for my birthday and Christmas.  She had a budget system for birthdays: grandkids got $20, her kids and their spouses got $25 each.  Everyone got $5 more for Christmas, lol!  We used to laugh about how rigid the system was, but now I"m seeing the wisdom of it! 

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 3

I think I'll get gift cards too.  I used to have so much fun buying very specific gifts for my kids...  Now they're all adults and live pretty simply and seem to mostly have what they really need and want.

I'm not really in the mood for shopping this year anyway.  I think gift cards sound perfect.  🙂   I might get each child a book, and then I'll put the gift card inside the book.

Hmmm... not sure what kind of gift card I can get for my dd living/going to school in France...