Menu

Saxon 8/7 dive cd? Or Saxon teacher cd?

Yes, you can go straight into Algebra 1 from Saxon 8/7. We did. If your student is struggling, Algebra 1/2 is an option for continuing to work on pre-algebra skills before continuing. But both are probably not necessary for most students.

We haven't used either Dive or Saxon Teacher. My dd loves Art Reed though.

Agree with @Junie   Here's my recent post about Art Reed's DVDs/streaming.  

I have no experience with Dive, but I believe I completely wasted money on Saxon Teacher when I purchased it.  It is simply the same lesson information from the book (exactly) done on a board.  My son said, "Wait, this is what I just read!"   

Art Reed insists the student read the lesson first, then attend his 'class' lecture.  5-20 minutes of Mr. Reed giving a face to face lecture, explaining the lesson's concepts from a different perspective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Familia said:

Agree with @Junie   Here's my recent post about Art Reed's DVDs/streaming.  

I have no experience with Dive, but I believe I completely wasted money on Saxon Teacher when I purchased it.  It is simply the same lesson information from the book (exactly) done on a board.  My son said, "Wait, this is what I just read!"   

Art Reed insists the student read the lesson first, then attend his 'class' lecture.  5-20 minutes of Mr. Reed giving a face to face lecture, explaining the lesson's concepts from a different perspective.

Thank you! This is wonderful info!

• Like 1