Menu

Black Zero Drop/ Barefoot Shoes for work?

MamaSprout

Retro-style sneakers are fine, but I need a shoe that doesn't make my heel higher than the rest of my foot. I have Birkenstock sandals and pair of clogs (I look like a duck in the current slim-legged trend), a pair of Taos- nice, but their black is actually charcoal gray and looks weird with my dress slacks. I also have Altra's, but they look too much like the running shoes that they are. Thoughts? I have a derelict pair of Dr. Shoals with purchased good insoles that is going to pieces.

After striking up a conversation with a physical therapist, I ordered a pair of Xeros. We’ll see how I like them. If they work, they also have sandals, hikers and boots, so I’m very excited. 

I love the look of Ecco, but like my Clark’s they have “just enough” heel to flare up the arthritis in my hip if I’m walking around at work a lot. I might try some Lem’s, too, but since the PTs kids had Xeros on, I kind of know what I’m getting.

Edited by MamaSprout
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 6:38 AM, MamaSprout said:

After striking up a conversation with a physical therapist, I ordered a pair of Xeros. We’ll see how I like them. If they work, they also have sandals, hikers and boots, so I’m very excited. 

I love the look of Ecco, but like my Clark’s they have “just enough” heel to flare up the arthritis in my hip if I’m walking around at work a lot. I might try some Lem’s, too, but since the PTs kids had Xeros on, I kind of know what I’m getting.

I just ordered a pair since they have some on sale, I thought it’s worth it to try.  My back is acting up, so I’ve been wearing sneakers to work lately.

• Like 1