Menu

We are camping for Thanksgiving. We're blessed!

These days it's rare for DH and I to have simultaneous time off. Especially consecutively. Originally, he was going to "volunteer" to work Thursday and Friday for the extra holiday pay.

Instead, he suggested we go camping with the kids. They've been begging us to go camping since we did our first summer as a new family unit.

We are leaving Wedneday am (I have to work late Tuesday) and coming back for my work and their weekend with their Dad Friday.

We were happy camping in 2 tents, but dear friends from church have delivered their pop up to our drive way for our use!

My dd asked "how are we going to cook a turkey on that stove". ;)

I am so ready to sit somewhere, not feeling the ever present need to *do* something was I would if I were here.

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing camping trip.

We camped near Austin, TX for Thanksgiving weekend one year. We went to the "Heritage Festival" and had a wonderful time, we even considered going this year. The year we camped for Thanksgiving we had Thanksgiving early and then had leftover Turkey on Thanksgiving. It was so fun and we made wonderful memories.