Menu

Am I just clumsy or is there a connection?

Soror

In early July, so 2 months ago, my left pinky started hurting (I don't recall injuring it but noticed difficulty at the gym when doing exercises requiring grip one day), the pain is in the bottom joint. I don't feel it all the time but when I go to grip something I have to watch how I hold it so there isn't too much pressure on that joint. Even just massaging that joint causes a bit of pain. Then 1.5 weeks I hurt my foot, I think I hurt it getting out of the car and landing on my foot wrong, at first every time I walked I had pain but now I will start the day ok but as I get more steps I'll start feeling it (and I was an avid walker before). It is my left foot, the outside middle bones.

7 minutes ago, cintinative said:

I really can't say, but I have a strange question for you: are you sleeping okay? 

I ask this because I am prone to clumsiness and injury when I am overtired. 

Sleep is ok, not perfect but better overall than a long time.

7 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I would check for rheumatoid arthritis just in case. My mom started with joint pains on her fingers. Not remembering when you hurt yourself might be neuropathy in the sense that you didn’t feel pain at time of injury.

I looked some into RA as I have Hashimoto's, making another auto-immune disease more likely but it didn't seem to fit but maybe I'm uninformed.

• Like 1

Just now, soror said:

I looked some into RA as I have Hashimoto's, making another auto-immune disease more likely but it didn't seem to fit but maybe I'm uninformed.

I am having joint pain which started after lumpectomy. Swollen painful joints would mean a referral to a rheumatologist for me. So I am supposed to let my medical care team know if my joints swell.

16 hours ago, soror said:

In early July, so 2 months ago, my left pinky started hurting (I don't recall injuring it but noticed difficulty at the gym when doing exercises requiring grip one day), the pain is in the bottom joint. I don't feel it all the time but when I go to grip something I have to watch how I hold it so there isn't too much pressure on that joint. Even just massaging that joint causes a bit of pain. Then 1.5 weeks I hurt my foot, I think I hurt it getting out of the car and landing on my foot wrong, at first every time I walked I had pain but now I will start the day ok but as I get more steps I'll start feeling it (and I was an avid walker before). It is my left foot, the outside middle bones.

Do you sleep with your hands under your head or do you over extend your pinky in an odd manner to hold a large phone?