Menu

FYI: August SAT (w/o essay) and subject tests scores are out

Dd got her scores this evening. We are celebrating bc she is a sr who didnt take any tests until the Aug exam. To top it off, we are in the middle of moving (knee deep in unpacking boxes. We moved in with our oldest ds for 6 weeks bc we sold our house unexpectedly in 2 days. So we were living in complete chaos when she took the test.) She is my incredibly anxious kid who hates all unknowns. And, she pulled off one and done!! Huge sighs of relief here!!!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, yvonne said:

My daughter took two SAT Subject Exams in Aug., but her scores aren't showing up!  

Does hers show pending for status? The longest we have waited was two weeks after released date for DS14’s June 2018 SAT Chemistry to show up. What’s comical was DS13’s June 2018 SAT Physics showed up on released date and they took at the same high school and same room.

We had waited a few days a few times between my two boys. It is more rare for my boys to have their scores before dinner time on the scores released date.

There's no mention of them on her Dashboard page.

There's a blurb that if you don't see your scores and you have your test reg. number, go to the Matching Tool.  Even inputting her reg number, it just says,

"Get Your Scores | Matching Tool

The information you entered is already associated with your account. If you can't see your score, it may not be online yet or delayed."

I hope they're just late. We've never had this issue before. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, yvonne said:

There's no mention of them on her Dashboard page.

Give CollegeBoard a call. SAT number: Domestic: 866-756-7346

I call at 6am Pacific Time plenty of times for scores (my kids were under 13 so we had to call). I think the helpline is also available on weekends when results are released. I had to ask the customer service rep to escalate once when my DS14’s result was still pending after two weeks last summer. 

My kids’ dashboard has always said “Congrats on taking a SAT subject test. Your score is pending.” Similar to image in link 

@yvonne - May I ask if your DD has her SAT score back yet from the August test? My DD took the SAT test in August and doesn’t have her score yet; it says status “Complete” — which is what it says when one registers for the SAT. I did call the CB this morning and escalated the issue; they said I will hear back in 3-4 business days. 😞 

@BookwormTo2

No, she still does not have the score for either of the two subject exams she took on Aug 24. 😞   It does say "Complete," but nothing else.

I called the CB first thing yesterday morning and the rep did escalate the issue. He told me 5-7 business days.

I'm nervous because my dd took it at a site an hour and a half away that we've never used before. All the local sites were filled. When we got to the new site, it was pretty clear they weren't organized. They said the usual test administrator was on medical leave and the person in charge was new to it. ACK!  The rooms weren't even set up. They didn't even start checking kids in until a little after 8. Everywhere else my kids have tested had everyone checked in and sitting in rooms by 8am.  

If you hear back, post an update & I'll do the same!

@yvonne

Hmmm, I just don't have much hope right now for the SAT to have a score for my DD for the August '19 test. I think the CSR I spoke with today felt badly for DD, as she mentioned she was escalating it to "highest priority" (high priority she said would be 5-7 business days; highest priority is 3-4 business days). I did see threads where SAT tests (both regular and subject tests) have been lost. It seems like sometimes it's because of how things are handled at the testing center. The school that DD tested at doesn't seem to be very organized, and was running late like you mentioned. The only reason we chose this school was because the proctors are good and they ensure a quiet environment unlike some other sites. My DD did use this same school for a different test a few months ago and it went fine. I will let you know whatever we find out from the CB! 

8 minutes ago, BookwormTo2 said:

@yvonne

It seems like sometimes it's because of how things are handled at the testing center.

I know. I was more nervous after talking to the CB rep because he said it might be delayed because duplicate answer sheets were submitted, or bec they hadn't received the answer sheet yet, ...

Is your dd a senior? 

My Dd suffered from lost exams a couple of years ago.  College Board took a really long time to admit the tests never arrived.  The fault was with the mail carrier not the school btw.  Her exams were never found ....... you might want to call the school and ask if other students are receiving their scores......the knowledge that no one had scores is what finally moved us towards a retest date......Dd had taken language exams which were only offered once or twice a year.

I called the high school this morning (the place DD took her SAT in 8/19), and found out there's been a "hiccup" and scores will be delayed 1-2 weeks. However, on Reddit, DD saw that a teen who took the SAT last month at the same high school she did is saying the word is the person is claiming she has a FedEx receipt for shipping the package. That seems to indicate they're going to have to investigate where the package with the answer sheets is....

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BookwormTo2 said:

I called the high school this morning (the place DD took her SAT in 8/19), and found out there's been a "hiccup" and scores will be delayed 1-2 weeks. However, on Reddit, DD saw that a teen who took the SAT last month at the same high school she did is saying the word is the person is claiming she has a FedEx receipt for shipping the package. That seems to indicate they're going to have to investigate where the package with the answer sheets is....

Sending hugs as someone who has been in this situation. I hope it all resolves itself and it might.  We were allowed to have a new test date just for Dd using the tests that are always made for these situations.  It was summertime and she was the only student that did the special test date.......as she had planned to quit studying both Latin and German permanently with the original SAT exam she couldn’t wait months for the normal rotation of those exams and a free sitting.  The other students involved just took the SAT on the next date for free.

My experience makes me wonder if the FedEx shipping is the problem as I thought UPS was the required carrier worldwide.......we were told that all CollageBoard materials had to be shipped by UPS as part of the test security protocol.......that said we were living overseas where UPS is not a particularly common carrier.  There are apparently premade mailing poaches etc involved........postage prepaid and prepared by Collegeboard etc., the administrator should just put the tests in and drop off, have picked up, whatever.  Apparently someone decided the postage was wrong and returned the package to a school........not the school, a school.  Unfortunately there are several schools with a potentially similar name.  We never figured out which school or found them.  The tests were invalidated by the chain of security anyway apparently............

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BookwormTo2 said:

However, on Reddit, DD saw that a teen who took the SAT last month at the same high school she did is saying the word is the person is claiming she has a FedEx receipt for shipping the package. 

1 hour ago, mumto2 said:

My experience makes me wonder if the FedEx shipping is the problem as I thought UPS was the required carrier worldwide.......we were told that all CollageBoard materials had to be shipped by UPS as part of the test security protocol.......that said we were living overseas where UPS is not a particularly common carrier.  

UPS is the assigned shipper/courier for US, DHL for international.

Page 40 https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/k12-educators/coordinating/testing-manuals

“Return all materials via UPS, or DHL for international centers, using the shipping envelope or box with the preapplied label that was included in your test materials shipment. (Discard any leftover shipping materials.) U.S. centers: If you didn’t opt in to custom courier pickup, or you did not receive an email confirmation with your pickup confirmation number, or if you need to adjust your time, call UPS at 800-742-5877 (800-PICK-UPS) to arrange for pickup on test day.

For each package that you ship, note the tracking number and file this information in your records. On each label, print your center name and number, and mark the box number and total boxes you are shipping (e.g., “1 of 2,” “2 of 2”).

Labels will be addressed to:
Pearson Processing Center 9200 Earhart Lane SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 USA

If you are missing the preaddressed labels, contact TAS. Always hand your package to the driver or responsible person so that you will have a traceable chain-of-custody receipt from origin to destination and for the shipment. Do not use a drop box.”

• Like 1

Just now, Arcadia said:

UPS is the assigned shipper/courier for US, DHL for international.

Page 40 https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/k12-educators/coordinating/testing-manuals

“Return all materials via UPS, or DHL for international centers, using the shipping envelope or box with the preapplied label that was included in your test materials shipment. (Discard any leftover shipping materials.) U.S. centers: If you didn’t opt in to custom courier pickup, or you did not receive an email confirmation with your pickup confirmation number, or if you need to adjust your time, call UPS at 800-742-5877 (800-PICK-UPS) to arrange for pickup on test day.

For each package that you ship, note the tracking number and file this information in your records. On each label, print your center name and number, and mark the box number and total boxes you are shipping (e.g., “1 of 2,” “2 of 2”).

Labels will be addressed to:
Pearson Processing Center 9200 Earhart Lane SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 USA

If you are missing the preaddressed labels, contact TAS. Always hand your package to the driver or responsible person so that you will have a traceable chain-of-custody receipt from origin to destination and for the shipment. Do not use a drop box.”

I am glad they changed to DHL for the rest of the world,  they promised to.  Never followed up.