Menu

Give me your best FLU relief

1GirlTwinBoys

Ibuprofen. Mugs of hot broth. A show to binge on Netflix. Lots of liquids and sleep. 

Sorry, that’s all I’ve got. My dd had influenza A in March and even with Tamiflu it was bad. It spread through our dance studio and almost half of the people that got it ended up with pneumonia. My dd’s lungs were clear, but our conservative pediatrician gave her an antibiotic when we first brought her in because the sound of her cough was worrying her, and I think that was probably a good call.  I would go back in if it seems like things are getting worse rather than better!

Elderberry syrup. Nearly our entire debate club got a flu bug a couple of years ago and ds moved through it faster than anyone else. He was the only one who took elderberry. 

I've since read about this symptom, but that flu was the first I'd ever had a loved one experience sensitivity to light. It was so odd. That kid was really sick. They all were.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Definitely elderberry but it would have been better to start at the first sign of a cold/flu.  We take it a few times a week through cold and flu season.  

My kid took tamiflu once and that seemed completely useless honestly.

Yes, my DD took that once and I agree.

• Like 1

Chicken soup. A hot toddy before bed, or mid-day if you need it. Hydration! Alternate water with a good electrolyte drink.
Sleep (the hot toddy may help with that). Epsom salt bath. Colloidal silver.

ETA: you may find today or tomorrow being your WORST day, as often happens around the 7th day of a virus. Hunker down
and rest, don't plan on doing anything else. In a few more days you'll begin to feel better because you WILL be getting better. 
Just don't over do it as your body begins to feel better. You don't want to land yourself back where you started! 😉

Edited by scrapbookbuzz

I will second (or third or fourth) elderberry syrup, preferably starting at first sign of symptoms and continuing a minimum of 5 days even if you think you're getting better. It would be awesome to be able to just sleep, stay in bed or on sofa, etc. And lots of water or tea. Chocolate shake if you're not wanting food. Nyquil at bedtime.