Menu

where do you store your vacuum cleaner?

the house we are considering buying has only one tiny closet on the entire first floor, and it's in the master bedroom. that's the only bedroom on that floor, and there is no coat closet, no linen closet, no pantry and you have to go outside to get in the garage. so... where would you store the vacuum? there are 3 rooms that would need to be vacuumed on this level, then there are 3 more bedrooms upstairs, and a finished basement.

i remember 20 years ago as a newlywed watching martha stewart who said she thought of having a statue made of her vacuum to sit in the hallway since that was where she kept it because she vacuumed so often during the day. somehow...i don't think that's the look i'm going for...

At the risk of sounding incredibly corny, my grandma sewed a "slip cover" for hers, you know, so it sort of blended into the room. Think toaster covers from the 70s. Store it behind the drapes??

How about a cheap one for the upstairs and the better one downstairs (or the reverse) so you don't have to lug it?

for guest coats and a great wall coat rack for every day/kid use. there is lots of storage space in the basement and on the top floor. but i am trying to rack my brain around the lack of storage area on that first floor.

thanks for the suggestions--love the thought of the vacuum cozy. couldn't do it irl, but it did make me laugh-

jodi

in the middle of the floor in some room :D

I at least move mine over towards the wall. :D

We got a picture of some distance cousins many years ago. The vacuum was in the picture next to the sofa where everyone was sitting. My mother said that's how we knew they were related to us. :lol:

Actually, I have two and they are *both* in the closet right now! I hope they're not feeling lonely and left out in there!

At the risk of sounding incredibly corny, my grandma sewed a "slip cover" for hers, you know, so it sort of blended into the room. Think toaster covers from the 70s. Store it behind the drapes??

How about a cheap one for the upstairs and the better one downstairs (or the reverse) so you don't have to lug it?

LOL...my friend has one that looks like an old country grandma with a bonnet...it is such a conversation maker, everyone looooves it!

I personally keep mine in the laundry room (it is really big)