Menu

Assigning Credits for Transcript Question

I'm sure this has been asked and answered on this board before, but I am not sure which terms to search under.  Anyway, I have decided to use an A, B, C, D, F method for assigning grades on my DD's transcript.  How do I treat an A- my DD got in a DE course?  What about an A+?  Do I just treat these as an A for calculation purposes (in other words, 4 points for this one credit class)?

I think a lot of people add 0.3 for "+" and subtract 0.3 for "-".  So an A- is 3.7 and an A+ is 4.3.  

If you consider your DE classes to be honors (difficulty beyond a standard high school course) you can also add +1, so an A+ is 5.3.  

• Like 2

The transcript I created did not include + and -; I simply used letter grades.  Therefore, I did change outside grades (from the local community college) to fit my format.  My daughter did have the community college send their own transcript which would have included their precise grades.

I calculated GPA using 4.0 for an A.

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kareni said:

The transcript I created did not include + and -; I simply used letter grades.  Therefore, I did change outside grades (from the local community college) to fit my format.  My daughter did have the community college send their own transcript which would have included their precise grades.

I calculated GPA using 4.0 for an A.

Regards,
Kareni

This is what I am doing as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mom0012 said:

This is what I am doing as well.

Being on the far side of the application process, I can tell you that my daughter applied to ten colleges of varying selectivity;  she was accepted at eight, waitlisted at another, and denied by one (an Ivy league college). I don't think any of those colleges quibbled at my/our approach.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 4