Menu

What ads annoy you most?

Carrie12345

There’s a sponsored FB ad that comes up for me *constantly* that drives me nuts every time.  I just can’t train my brain to ignore it. It’s for some health/fitness type person, and the first line is “I used to pee my pants unintentionally while working out.”

No matter how hard I try, my reflexive reaction Every Single Time is “As opposed to peeing your pants INTENTIONALLY???”

• Haha 1

I couldn't stand the Facebook ads anymore so I installed FB Purity. So much better.  What annoys me most isn't exactly just ads but any page that has auto play video/sound.  Drives me nuts.  I just leave my sound muted because I got so tired of all the pages that tried to assault my hearing with their noise.  I have enough noise in my house with the kids, I don't need my computer randomly blaring things at me.

4 hours ago, cjzimmer1 said:

I couldn't stand the Facebook ads anymore so I installed FB Purity. So much better.  What annoys me most isn't exactly just ads but any page that has auto play video/sound.  Drives me nuts.  I just leave my sound muted because I got so tired of all the pages that tried to assault my hearing with their noise.  I have enough noise in my house with the kids, I don't need my computer randomly blaring things at me.

I think there's a way in your fb settings that allows you to turn off auto play. It annoyed me, too, but I was able to turn it off.

1 minute ago, wilrunner said:

I think there's a way in your fb settings that allows you to turn off auto play. It annoyed me, too, but I was able to turn it off.

It's not just FB that is the problem, it's news sites, blog pages, etc.  Everyone seems to think they need video and/or music and I don't like either.  I just want to read quietly in peace.

2 minutes ago, cjzimmer1 said:

It's not just FB that is the problem, it's news sites, blog pages, etc.  Everyone seems to think they need video and/or music and I don't like either.  I just want to read quietly in peace.

Gotcha. I agree that those sites are annoying. I also keep the volume down, but sometimes even just the movement catches my eye. It's also annoying when I have to wait for a video I don't want to see load before I can read the article.

• Like 1