Menu

Help Us Locate A Cat To ADOPT!!!!

Hi.

I'm posting this hoping we'll be able to adopt our long sought after cat this way. This is a long story, but we have decided to add to our family with a cat. We are most interested in adopting a cat from an animal shelter or rescue group (foster mom situation).

There are thousands of animals all across the country that need homes. We know there is a cat just for us, but it's finding it. Because of the hundreds and thousands of "groups", it's impossible to call. Even the websites are very time consuming. And, the "availability" changes daily with new animals that need homes and others that have already been adopted.

I'm going to list "exactly" the type of cat we are seeking in case you or someone you know is interested in placing a cat for adoption and there may be a match.

Ragdoll

Bi-Color (face looks like the hair lines show an inverted "V")

Color: diluted seal (light beige brown)

Male or Female

Approx. 2-4 years of age, will consider a variance on these ages though

NOT declawed

Socialized (good with children, people and other animals)

Current on shots

Negative on BOTH cat tests

*** We have a lovable yellow lab

We are ready to bring our cat home. Hope to hear from LOTS of you with opportunities. PLEASE PM ME!!

Thanks in advance! Sheryl

It seems to me like you have an awful lot of demands. Is it really that important what sort of facial markings the cat has? Why not simply look for a healthy cat that is good with kids? I can even understand looking for one that hasn't been declawed, but the rest of it... Well, it's not surprising to me that you've found it challenging.

Perhaps think about paring down your list and looking again locally.

I agree with the others. If you want a cat for the breed, markings, etc, then buy a purebred. Otherwise, adopt a cat whose personality is purrfect (sorry, couldn't resist).

Ria (who has 2 adopted kitties and one new little purebred kitten)

:iagree: with Abbey. I'm not at all familiar with Ragdoll cats. But we have two really lovely, friendly cats. One is a calico and we adopted her as a shelter kitten. And the other is an orange striped male (my favorite kind!) from a family with lots of kids. He lets my kids love on him, tote him around, comb his fur, etc. He's not exotic looking, but he's a fabulous family cat. I can't imagine that you couldn't find a great addition to your family if you'd move past HAVING to have this particular type of cat.

Welllllll......I didn't think I had to justify our desire/preference. ;)

It stands as posted. :D

It seems to me like you have an awful lot of demands. Is it really that important what sort of facial markings the cat has? Why not simply look for a healthy cat that is good with kids? I can even understand looking for one that hasn't been declawed, but the rest of it... Well, it's not surprising to me that you've found it challenging.

Perhaps think about paring down your list and looking again locally.

Hi.

I'm posting this hoping we'll be able to adopt our long sought after cat this way. This is a long story, but we have decided to add to our family with a cat. We are most interested in adopting a cat from an animal shelter or rescue group (foster mom situation).

There are thousands of animals all across the country that need homes. We know there is a cat just for us, but it's finding it. Because of the hundreds and thousands of "groups", it's impossible to call. Even the websites are very time consuming. And, the "availability" changes daily with new animals that need homes and others that have already been adopted.

I'm going to list "exactly" the type of cat we are seeking in case you or someone you know is interested in placing a cat for adoption and there may be a match.

Ragdoll

Bi-Color (face looks like the hair lines show an inverted "V")

Color: diluted seal (light beige brown)

Male or Female

Approx. 2-4 years of age, will consider a variance on these ages though

NOT declawed

Socialized (good with children, people and other animals)

Current on shots

Negative on BOTH cat tests

*** We have a lovable yellow lab

We are ready to bring our cat home. Hope to hear from LOTS of you with opportunities. PLEASE PM ME!!

Thanks in advance! Sheryl

my sis has Christmas kittens.

We have a sweet tuxedo cat that needs an indoor home if anyone is interested. He's not a rag doll kitty :( He'll be 2 at Easter and we have allergies. It is a long story of abandonment, a closet birthing, and found homes for momma cat and 3 kittens before we ran out of friends and family, lol. Mr. Darcy is too naive to continue living long as an outdoor kitty. Oregon animal shelters are full to overflowing :((

Looks like you took the info off of some site that you're looking at for kitties:-) My friend had the "purrfect" kitty that she wanted that was like more of a dog. As long as you don't support pet stores, I say....look until you find the one you love....And remember....they can live to be quite old...so take your time looking:-)

Good Luck!

I have both worked with rescue groups and adopted from rescue groups. They understand wanting a specific breed. However, the ones I have been associated with would tell someone that the wait for a very specific rescue like the Op wanted would be very long. Also, the groups I have known were either very picky on who they placed with or I have run across some that seemed they were more interested in money and not matching. Pure breeds tend not to appear in shelters as frequently as mixed breeds since you normally shelled out a lot of money for them. I think it would be difficult to impossible to find exactly what you are looking for.