Menu

One Strange Rock **Mind Blown**

Has anyone seen the "One Strange Rock" series by National Geographic? It is on Netflix as well. My husband and I just started watching it and we are learning so much about the Earth! I would say it is primarily earth science but has a lot of biology, ecology, astronomy, geology as well. It is based off the way an astronaut sees the Earth and interviews astronauts throughout.  I love how it ties everything together. Everything is connected! It would be a fantastic resource for high school students to get a big picture (which I feel like was really lacking in my own education) and learn about a lot of specific systems and niches around the world. My 5yo and 7yo watched part of one episode and loved it! The photography and computer animation is incredible!

I would love to develop a curriculum around this series. You know, in all my free time! haha! 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, MeaganS said:

No, that's was the National Geographic one on colonizing Mars. 

I really want to see that one too but I don't think its on any streaming service we have. 

We watched the first 2 episodes of One Strange Rock and the kids (and me too) love it! Its perfect timing because we haven't come across a documentary series we really love in a while. 

7 hours ago, Plum Crazy said:

They added Mars to Netflix at the same time they added One Strange Rock. I know because I had just paid and finished watching the first season on Amazon. SWB is in season 2 and they did not add that to Netflix yet. 

I can never find anything on Netflix! 😣 

Thanks for the heads up. 😊