Menu

Is there a point in going to the Dr now?

AbcdeDooDah

I fell while hiking on our summer vacation and braced myself with my hand. My ring finger took the brunt of it and 5 months later it still hurts. Not all the time but it ranges. Some days not at all and others, all day. I can't wear my wedding ring. I'm guessing a sprain but this happened the last week of July. I thought it should be better by now.

Something similar has happened to me twice, once with an index finger and once with a pinky finger. Both happened while working with my horses (two of many in a long line of horse-related injuries, lol) . The pinky injury happened first and it ached for months and months. Close to a year, probably. I kind of figured it was going to hurt forever, but then the pain and stiffness disappeared and now it feels good as new. Then the same thing happened with my index finger - same timeline of many months, and now it is back to feeling perfectly fine again, too. I knew neither finger was broken, so I never did bother going to the doctor.  

• Like 1