Menu

Why do I do this to myself?! (sort of jawm I guess)

MrsRobinson

There is a beautiful (but modest) 100 year old house in an equally beautiful (but modest) neighborhood that I drive through every day to get in and out of my cookie cutter cul-de-sac neighborhood. I have drooled over this house for the entire 3.5 years we've lived here. (We were supposed to only be renting here for a year but dh got sick so we're still here.)

Well, a for sale sign went up so, of course, I had to look it up online. 😁 It has several beautiful features but it needs a lot of work. The kitchen was redone poorly. The bathrooms need redone. There's still plaster walls and old yucky tile ceilings throughout. 

With dh's health, there's no way we could take that on. At this point we just need cheap. So I looked at a few dirt cheap listings while I was at it. And I found one that would be amazing for us. 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, huge kitchen, 2nd living room. It has a sunroom that could be a school room and a workshop that could be a work from home office for dh. It has a huge backyard so the kids could actually have a swing set and other fun things (our yard here is tiny). It needs new flooring and fresh paint. There are no appliances in it. This is much more doable than the work the other house needs. 

So, why do I get online to drool over houses and make myself miserable when we are not actually in the market for buying a house? My evening is ruined and I have only myself to blame. 😒 I guess I'm just tired of renting. Blah paint, tiny yard, no garden, and I don't get to do little house projects.

I know I'm being a whiner. Our house is fine. Its safe and warm and I have nothing to complain about. Its just not mine. 😕

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KathyBC said:

Reframe: You are keeping abreast with what is possible, so that if things change you have kept current with your local market.

That sounds better, doesn't it? But yeah, I know, it sucks being stuck.

I like you. 💞 😁

Off to tell dh I am officially NOT crazy! 😂

• Like 3

I understand.

We rented old, not nice, small apartments for 7 years before we finally had a chance to buy.

I always had a feeling of being not settled.

I don't think it is a bad thing to keep an eye on what is out there, even if you are not in the market now. 

• Like 1