Menu

Birthday gift for best friend?

aaplank

Please help me brainstorm ideas for a birthday gift for my best friend. We've been friends for over 30 years. Her birthday is in 2 days, so I need to act fast!  Also, we live several states away so I would have to get it delivered. The hardest part is that I'm on a really tight budget and can't afford anything too expensive. 

Here are some random facts about her that might help you figure out a good gift:

She's a published author, book lover, coffee lover, health conscious, Muslim, likes make up and costume jewelry.

I'm just fresh out of ideas and would be so grateful for your help!

I think the literary tattoos (temporary) on Amazon look rather fun: 

https://www.amazon.com/Cannot-Live-Without-Books-Literary/dp/1452151865/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545193196&sr=8-1&keywords=literary+tatoos

This place has some that are more book- or author-specific, and also shirts, scarves, and totes with book themes or the actual text of the book. My bff got me a tote with the Pride and Prejudice text and it's quite cool (not sure if it was from here, but the same idea). 

https://www.litographs.com/collections/tattoos/products/sherlockpack1-tattoo

Bag of Bird Friendly coffee.

New healthy cookbook - I suggest something vegetarian so you don't accidentally send her a book with a ton of pork recipes.

Book-related jewelry - you can probably find some off Etsy, things like necklaces with quidditch snitches, or lockets with quotes from famous books, or earrings with images of famous characters (my sister has a pair, mismatched on purpose, from Alice in Wonderland).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, katilac said:

I think the literary tattoos (temporary) on Amazon look rather fun: 

https://www.amazon.com/Cannot-Live-Without-Books-Literary/dp/1452151865/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545193196&sr=8-1&keywords=literary+tatoos

This place has some that are more book- or author-specific, and also shirts, scarves, and totes with book themes or the actual text of the book. My bff got me a tote with the Pride and Prejudice text and it's quite cool (not sure if it was from here, but the same idea). 

https://www.litographs.com/collections/tattoos/products/sherlockpack1-tattoo

These are so cool!

49 minutes ago, aaplank said:

Yes, perfect!! I ordered her a gift subscription and she loves it. Thank you!

Okay, we have very different ideas of what a tight budget entails 😂

I'm glad you found a great gift! Your friend is lucky to have someone who put so much thought into it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katilac said:

Okay, we have very different ideas of what a tight budget entails 😂

I'm glad you found a great gift! Your friend is lucky to have someone who put so much thought into it. 

I was surprised that I was able to do this!  I chose to set up my own subscription plan and got $10. off my first order. I only paid $30. to have a small bag of coffee delivered 1x week for 4 weeks. 

18 minutes ago, aaplank said:

I was surprised that I was able to do this!  I chose to set up my own subscription plan and got $10. off my first order. I only paid $30. to have a small bag of coffee delivered 1x week for 4 weeks. 

Nice! Maybe I'll take a second look . . .