Menu

Bread machine recommendations?

trulycrabby

I have an Oster Express Bake bread machine, purchased several years ago based on Hive recommendations. It has been a fantastic, reliable machine, but I make bread daily (often 2X daily) and DH would like to get me a new machine for Christmas. 

So, which bread machine do you recommend for 2X daily use? I mostly make white and white/whole wheat loaves, but my family’s favourite recipe is an easy-peasy white quick-bake loaf (I think it’s the four tablespoons of sugar that make it so yummy, similar to Hawaiian bread). 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

I have a Cuisinart that I wouldn’t recommend. I only use it for mixing dough (mostly pizza, cinnamon rolls) so I went with a cheaper model. Now sometimes the paddle comes loose and I go to dump the dough and it is soupy. I’ve been able to save it both times but such a pain. I’m looking to replace after just a year. 🙁

• Like 1

Can you post your recipe for the faux-Hawaiian bread? 

All of our bread machines have come used from the Goodwill for $10 or so.  But if I were to buy one, I'd buy the Zojirushi.  That's the brand I've heard time and time again is for serious bakers.  

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 11:29 AM, umsami said:

Can you post your recipe for the faux-Hawaiian bread? 

All of our bread machines have come used from the Goodwill for $10 or so.  But if I were to buy one, I'd buy the Zojirushi.  That's the brand I've heard time and time again is for serious bakers.  

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons lukewarm water

2 tablespoons canola oil

4 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 teaspoon non-iodized salt

3 cups sifted bread flour

1 tablespoon Fleischmann's instant yeast

Quick bake setting (58 minutes)

Reduce amount of instant yeast if machine cycle is longer than 58 minutes. 

You may need to adjust/change measurements since your bread machine is a different brand than mine. 

• Like 1