Menu

HELP...Last minute white elephant gift ideas

Mama Geek

Our neighbor invited us last night to his house this afternoon for a Christmas party with a white elephant gift exchange and pot luck.  I have 1 idea of a reindeer car kit that I can go to party city and get (they say online that they have them in stock in the store.  What are other ideas that are $15 or less that I can get local quickly that is funny and doesn't require any prep work?  We have Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Bed Bath and Beyond, a mall with Penny's, Dillards, etc. bookstores, Cracker Barrel, etc.  I would rather keep it pg and somewhat useful.  

I can’t think of anything specific right now (need more coffee first), but I know Walmart has an As Seen on TV section that might have something fun, but useful.  

ETA:  BB&B also has fun stuff like that up by their registers.

Edited by mlktwins
  • Like 1

One of the funniest white elephant gifts I've ever seen was a (new) cushioned toilet seat, along with a note hoping the recipient had a "comfortable Christmas" or something along those lines. Obviously how well this would go over depends on your humor and that of the group at the party. 

• Like 1

Dd had seen a mini disco ball that she liked before Thanksgiving and I couldn't find the exact one when I went back to get it so we ordered a different one that was sound activated.  Well...I found the one daughter really liked when I went in to get the car reindeer kit, so I bought it and we are going to do the sound activated one as the white elephant gift.

Somebody on this forum, earlier this month, mentioned that once they were at such an exchange where another person had brought in a large package of toilet paper. If the gifts are supposed to be at all humorous, I'll go with that - it's useful AND funny! (In fact, this is going to be my go-to suggestion FOR EV ER, and thank you to the person who mentioned it first!)