Menu

What's that phrase you mentioned a while back?

Slache

I know what you mean - we can't afford to keep replacing low quality items when they break down, and need to just fork out the money once as it is actually less expensive in the long run. Not the phrase you're looking for, and it doesn't apply to everything obviously, but about some products my hubby says we're too poor to buy the cheapest brand, lol.

• Like 2

We have a different issue. We have never taken a family vacation. We will be driving directly past Disneyland. It's a really, really stupid idea, but I have been a very good girl for a very long time and I really want to do this for them. We have been struggling for years and not going will not make us mot struggle. We are going to cry once and be glad for the rest of our lives that we did.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

My ds called a few years ago, after being invited on the family of his fiance's vacation. "Mom, have we ever TAKEN a vacation?" "No, dear. We have a ranch." 

My parents owned a dry cleaners and we all worked there. This was us. We never took a vacation. When my parents sold it, they traveled for a solid month, visiting their siblings, aunts & uncles, some of whom they had not seen in 20 years. They also stopped at many of the historic sites that they passed along their route. It was probably the best trip they ever took.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, texasmom33 said:

That is so totally us right now. Having someone to take care of the animals and things would cost more than the vacation.  😂

I tell you what--we'll do a house swap for a week. If you can get here, you can have 10" of snow for your little kids to play in and I'll stock the fridge with your choice of alcohol , chocolate, and homemade cheesecake. I'll bring my animal lovers to your balmy weather ranch for a holiday. No charge. 😉

• Like 2

texasmom33, thank you for the explanation about the potato peeling function. I'm glad you love your food processor. I bought one months ago -- not a Breville -- and I am working hard at not using it so I don't have to clean it and put it away. I did use it once to shred a block of cheese.

Thank you for offering to send me videos. That is very sweet of you. I must decline because all watching the videos will inspire me to buy one. Then I'll have 2 food processors to work hard at not using. (I use mine in my imagination, so all is not lost. I expect one must need a rich inner life to make that the norm.)

• Haha 1