Menu

Did Galore Park discontinue the Junior English books??

madteaparty

I went looking for some Galore Park stuff too this year, and couldn't find the stuff I had previously used.  I think they may have renamed/reworked them.   We used the Junior English, History, and Science books maybe five years ago?  The English books had us reading so many wonderful books (after reading an excerpt) that we probably wouldn't have. ❤️ 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, umsami said:

I went looking for some Galore Park stuff too this year, and couldn't find the stuff I had previously used.  I think they may have renamed/reworked them.   We used the Junior English, History, and Science books maybe five years ago?  The English books had us reading so many wonderful books (after reading an excerpt) that we probably wouldn't have. ❤️ 

YES! Same here 

22 minutes ago, umsami said:

Bless you

• Like 1

Junior English was published in the early 2000s.  There were major British education reforms in the mid-2010s.  Galore Park was bought by another company around the same time.  I suspect that the company found it more cost effective to produce new texts than to substancially revise an existing publication.  The company continued to sell the Junior series while it rolled out the Key series.  I think there were discussions on this board about the differences between the Junior and Key series. If Laura (Calvin and Hobbs) is still posting, she may be able to provide more insight.

• Like 2