Menu

Transcript generator question: does this exist?

I'm looking for some kind of transcript generator where I can enter letter grades and tell it how I want the grades weighted. I got the HSLDA one, but it will only weight courses that you title honors or AP, as far as I can tell (and it won't let you decide how to weight them). I need to weight for dual enrollment classes, too, and that doesn't seem to be possible. my plan is to weight everything the same as the county we live in would if he were in public school. I can also just do it myself of course, without any kind of app to do the math for me and make it look pretty/official, but it seems like what I'm looking for must be out there, and my google powers are failing me.

You can probably do it by hand faster than looking for a calculator. It is super easy to do it. I am not sure what you mean by making it look pretty/official. All you need to put on the transcript is the scale, the final GPA by yr and cumulative GPA. There isn't anything for them to see that makes it look pretty.

• Like 2

yeah, I guess I just need to suck it up and make my own. I don't actually need it to look pretty, I guess, just....real. I'm paranoid it's going to look like I had my 5 year old make the transcript, but I probably should have a little more confidence in myself ?

It's hard to find an app that will calculate and generate a transcript exactly the way you want.

I used a transcript template by Dori Briggs in the files section of the Homeschool Toward College yahoo group. It's beautifully organized and presented. When we gave a preliminary transcript to the admissions officers at colleges we visited, they were impressed with it.

To calculate unweighted & weighted gpa, I prefered this site.  Another option is this site. 

I just plugged the grades onto the transcript & I think it initially calculated the gpa at the bottom. I made a few changes to the format, though, so I had to manually enter the gpa.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kokotg said:

yeah, I guess I just need to suck it up and make my own. I don't actually need it to look pretty, I guess, just....real. I'm paranoid it's going to look like I had my 5 year old make the transcript, but I probably should have a little more confidence in myself ?

Are you talking about the transcript or calculating GPA? If you look at this format, the GPA is just a small box on the bottom of the columns. wtm template.pdf

7 minutes ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Are you talking about the transcript or calculating GPA? If you look at this format, the GPA is just a small box on the bottom of the columns. wtm template.pdf

I can't get the file to open on my phone so I don't know if it is actually still there since it was from before the site update. But it is just an excel spreadsheet formatted into a well-organized transcript with subjects going down the left and academic yrs going across the top and grades and credits going down in those columns. GPA is just a small block at the bottom of each academic yr.

What I did was have a nicely formatted transcript done by subject and a second page that was a grade calculation worksheet that shows the GPA math and reason for each instance of weighting.

It also ended up being an unintended chronological syllabus and a way of highlighting in plain words the level of higher level courses like Lukeion Latin 3 and DE classes.

Hand doing the math isn't that bad. 

5 hours ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Just formatting it and making it look professional. I can handle the math part ?.....which I guess means I probably should just look for a blank template that I like.

Edited by kokotg