Menu

Opinions on Floor Steamers....

PrincessMommy

I'm considering buying a steamer like the Bissell PowerFresh or O'Cedar Microfiber Steam mop.   I'm open to any brand, it's just these have the best reviews on Amazon.  

Anyone have experience with steam mops.??    I have almost all wood floors plus some slate.  I will be putting in ceramic tile in our sun room within the next 6 months.  

I had a Shark steam mop, I returned it. I hated it, it left my floors streaky (my whole house is tile) and took 3x as long as using my favorite mop. 

If you want to try one I would buy it at bed bath and beyond because you could return it there if you don’t like it. 

• Like 1

I have the Bissell. I don't recommend it for wood floors unless you're alone in the house because if you have a kid start screaming and leave it still on the same surface for 35 seconds while you check to see if the screaming is play or injury you end up with a big white water stain on your floor.  It works great on tile and luxury vinyl tile though.  I always sweep or vaccuum and spot clean gunk with a magic eraser mop before running it and I can get through the whole kitchen, entry, and all the bathrooms before I need to change the pad. I got mine on one of those prime deals where it was $19.99 instead of the typical $100+.  I didn't even realize it was typically so expensive.  I use tap water instead of distilled, which I think isn't recommended, but I didn't care when I thought I could replace it for $20. I might have to rethink that.

If you're set on getting one I would wait for prime day and see if you can get it for 80% off.

• Like 1

I have this one. I actually use it more with its attachments than as a mop, but it works great as a mop too.

I had a Haan, which I loved, but it stopped working after about three years of use. But I still use the Haan mop pads because they are better than what came with the Light'N'Easy and fit just as well.

• Like 1

I have the Bissel Spinwave. https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Spinwave-Powered-Hardwood-2039A/dp/B06WP2CLYY/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1530137342&sr=8-17&keywords=steam+mop

It’s basically an electronic Swiffer.  I like it. I know there are mops that also vacuum. I have a Hoover one that does that, but the mop part doesn’t stay attached anymore.

• Like 1

I loved mine when I had ceramic tile. Cleaned well, and dried really fast. I only stopped using it when we moved and had vinyl/laminate cheap floor, and it would release the glue backing on it.  Couldn’t afford to replace the floor yet so out the steam mop went. I should look into one of those again... 

• Like 1

I love the EnviroSteamer, by Eureka.  I had my first one for several years and used it quite regularly on tile floors.  It corroded inside due to our nasty water (in our last house), so I had to let it go.  I got a Shark and it was terrible.  It only put out little streaks of steam, like an inch wide with 2 inch gaps in between.  Just terrible.  I got a new EnviroSteamer, and it's still awesome.  It puts out a ton of steam, evenly over its surface.  It's heavy, so you don't have to press it down, just slide it slowly over your floor.  I have engineered hardwood, and it does a great job.