Menu

What Galore Park materials do you use?

mo2

I didn't really like the English program. It is rather "light" and offers very little in the way of explanations. There is no real writing instruction and many of the assignments focus on creative writing. British punctuation and spelling are also a bit different so you have to watch for that in the grammar sections.

I do really like their language programs.

We struggled a bit with the layout of Latin Prep so switched to SYRWTL Latin and that is going great.

I currently use:

So You Really Want to Learn Latin I

So You Really Want to Learn French I

I intend to continue both programs.

I also own So You Really Want to Learn Spanish I and hope to start that next year.

Laura in China (Scotland!) recommended the Junion English program. Does anyone else use this? What other GP products do you use? I know several people here use Latin Prep....anything else? Reviews, pros, cons, comments?

We are using Latin Prep 1, SYRWTL Science 1, and SYRWTL English 2 this year. We really like them all. I love that the English is comprehensive. The writing assignments *are* a bit more on the creative side without a lot of guidance. We do narration so I am not too concerned about that. It's challenging and again, I love that it's all in one book. My dd is enjoying it, so we plan to continue with the next book next year. The science is good as far as a textbook goes. I want my dd 12 to get used to texts again for science (she's been hs since 4th grade) and we have stayed away from texts except for the beginning of hs. So, I think it's a good program for what it is--a text. ;) Finally, Latin Prep is absolutely wonderful so far. She loves it, and she's learning a lot more with LP than with LC 1 last year.

I really, really, really like Galore Park materials.

Anita

Use or own :)

I have the Latin, French and English programs.

The Latin is great for us, after years of Cambridge.

The French- we are not doing so well with.

The English we did for a while but haven't for a while now. We may go back to it. I wouldn't use just that. I like it though.

Junior English

So You Really Want to Learn English (fomerly English Prep)

So You Really Want to Learn Maths (formerly Maths Prep)

Latin Prep

French Prep (haven't started this one yet).

Greek - A New Guide for Beginners

Religious Studies for Today (Second Edition)

The English programmes do focus more on creative writing; I assume that other forms are covered in separate subjects (history, etc.)

Laura