Menu

Homeschool Books For Sale-Amazon or eBay?

Ms Brooks

My homeschool journey is over. I have boxes and boxes of books to sell. Unfortunately, the sale swap board here is down or doesn't work very well. My question is which platform do you prefer to buy homeschool books from: Amazon or eBay? I am thinking eBay might be better because I can photograph the actual item, show its wear, and get the postage right, but if folks don't shop eBay for homeschool books what is the point. 

Thanks for your input. :smile:

20 minutes ago, Ms Brooks said:

Can you tell me about Facebook. I had not thought of that. Thanks. Do people really buy things off Facebook? I don't.....it just doesn't occur to me to use Facebook for shopping. Thanks!

There are several buy/sell curriculum groups on FB. Some are general, some are secular only, some are specific to a particular publisher (they exist for many of the big names). You post your product according to their rules (always found on the group page) and people comment that want to buy it.  If you post the same stuff on more than one group, you should note that it is cross-posted. You can accept payment with paypal or FB pay method (forgot what it is called). Many of the groups have specific rules on how you handle the photos (all in an album, only 1 pic per item, etc), so pay attention when posting.

• Like 1

I've bought and sold on homeschool classifieds, but I am going to list my stuff on WTM Buy and Sell Curriculum group on FB (I'm sorry, that's probably not the totally correct name, but you could find it with that). It seems to move more quickly. Ebay charges a price to list, as does Amazon. FB is free.