Menu

check out my son's history project...

Kim in SouthGa

Nan,

It was really much easier than I thought. He built the "set" :fabric taped to the wall; a box covered with more fabric and the houses-cardboard from Hobby Lobby-and spectators set up on it; Playmobil ship and rowboats with Indian figures; blue fleece blanket for the water. Then we set the camera on a sturdy box, which I should have taped down so it wouldn't move. Make sure you get it at the right height. We played with the lighting some, I think that is something we definitely could have done better. Then he started moving the figures just a tiny bit and taking pictures, over and over-that short film was about 55 pictures! After that, the computer does most of the work. We uploaded the pictures and imported them into Windows Movie Maker, then set each one to a duration of .4 seconds. You just follow the links to add title and credits and music. Save it and presto! your done! Next time we will try to add dialogue or narration, but we had trouble with our microphone. If you go to youtube.com and search "how to make a stop motion film" you will find all kinds of tutorials. There are some awesome movies on there too, but be forewarned...we did run across a little Lego p*rn:confused:

how cool!

funny, my dd ages 11 and 13 made a stop action movie using play mobile just yesterday. It will be short, just 33 photos..I have to figure out how to put it into iphoto to run it. They are setting up to make a longer one today.

I love how they just decided to to it all on their own.