Menu

I need new running shoes

Night Elf

I loved my Brooks but when they wore out, I let the lady at the store talk me into a pair of Zoot because they were on a fantastic sale. Unfortunately, I don't think they are supportive as my Brooks were. So I'd like to replace my shoes but I don't know if I can afford them right now. Do they make inserts that provide support or should I just go ahead and buy what I like?

Try Superfeet insoles in your current shoes. If that works you can wait to go back to Brooks until you need another pair. There are different types of Superfeet, so try them at the store and walk around for a little while, just like when you are trying on shoes. If they don’t help, go ack to the Brooks as soon as you can, bad shoes and painful feet are no fun. 

• Like 1

I went to Totally Running. I like it better than the other place that sold me the Zoot shoes. I ended up buying Brooks Levitate for $150. Egads!! I wasn't expecting to spend so much but they feel really good. I don't run anymore. I just walk on the treadmill. When I did run, it was only in intervals but I decided I'd rather do a straight walk. 

• Like 4

I had to start buying very expensive shoes because I was having back and foot problems.  I do wear custom orthotics but I know a lot of people get good results with some of the new "off the shelf" types of insert.  The first time I spent $150 on shoes I felt terrible, but so good once I wore them.

Did the person at the store tell you if you have any specific issues and/or need a specific type of shoe?  I overpronate so I have to look for the support type "stability." In every brand, those are more expensive than the "neutral" shoes. But my feet and back are worth it.

Hope the new shoes work out well!

31 minutes ago, marbel said:

I had to start buying very expensive shoes because I was having back and foot problems.  I do wear custom orthotics but I know a lot of people get good results with some of the new "off the shelf" types of insert.  The first time I spent $150 on shoes I felt terrible, but so good once I wore them.

Did the person at the store tell you if you have any specific issues and/or need a specific type of shoe?  I overpronate so I have to look for the support type "stability." In every brand, those are more expensive than the "neutral" shoes. But my feet and back are worth it.

Hope the new shoes work out well!

I don't know what it's called but my foot rolls in a little when I'm walking. I did tell her that and she showed me shoes that support that. The one that probably would have supported it best wasn't the most comfortable on my foot so I went with the one that felt good. She didn't do the running test on the treadmill with the camera like they did last time. I guess she just took my word for it. They're a springy shoe that is supposed to return energy to the foot or something like that. I just know I tried on a few different pairs and that was my favorite. It feels worlds better than my old shoe.

• Like 1