Menu

The Re-Grand Opening of the Teachers Lounge! 4-9-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Hello, all! How I've missed you!

Last couple of weeks have been a bit of a blitz so didn't even realize the forums were up and running until today!

Come on in for a cup of coffee or tea. Son has started a new snack business if you care to purchase a refreshment or two.
All items either $1 or $2. Anything from Sbux frapps in the bottle to Flaming Hot Cheetos, or Mrs. Freshley's donuts and honeybuns.

Your choice!

What's on the schedule today? Here: Monday seems to always catch me short in the academic realm. Today may not be too much of an issue
as dd's aunt flo showed up today. More household duties and less academia for her today. The kids also were watching Blimey Cow videos when I headed
upstairs for a conference call this morning. DS is supposed to be watching a video from Secrets of Mental Math that i purchased from The Great Courses. Although
it sounds like he might be listening to the singing tracks for a musical he'll be in the end of this month: Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

What did you do this weekend? Here: farmers market, a shopping trip to a nearby small town with a pit stop at Sbux on the way. Worked out favorably as my introvert Aspie
had to advocate for herself to get her drink the way she wanted it, not how they made it.  It was a great life learning experience. Then yesterday was church, followed by a potluck. And here we are.

What's your forecast for this week? Here: in the 90s except for Thursday when it is supposed to be low 80s.

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

Our forecast is snow tonight and 80 degrees on Saturday.  Kind of screwy.

This weekend I did laundry, caught up on cleaning, planned classes.  Everybody here is suffering with allergies or colds.  I'm pretty sure it's allergies for most of us. We did stay home from church because dd has a bad cough but that's typical for her with every runny nose, and tends to linger for months.

I'm three weeks into my next class session, my last for this year until the Fall.  We've had some snow days so some of my classes I have 4 weeks left, some I have 5 weeks.  So far they're going very well.  I teach every day - 3 classes on Monday, 2 every other day of the week.

Next weekend I'm taking a trip up to Niantic, CT with my mother to visit my favorite used book store.

• Like 1

Hi, Scrap!!!

I'd love a honey bun!

The schedule today was school, ortho appointment, tutoring, taking ds to swim, and he announced that his goggles broke last swim practice. We had to drive almost an hour out of the way to get new ones. 

This weekend I worked for IEW at the homeschool conference in Atlanta. Sunday was church with a missions meeting afterwards. Dh and I did some catching up on tv shows, too. 

Our forecast is fabulous with  highs building all week from 68 to 79. It's supposed to be sunny or partly sunny every day! There might be rain by the weekend, though. 

I do have one yucky thing this week. I have a follow up mammogram on Wednesday because of an asymmetrical density change they found last fall. Hopefully and prayerfully it's just a menopause thing and will not have any other changes. 

• Like 1

Well.... we are in the middle of the house remodel. The contractor worked through the weekend (his choice) on demo and painting and the first cabinets went up on the wall today in the new kitchen.  

DD16 did her online classes from her bedroom to avoid paint fumes and I hid out with the dogs in the back room playing Nintendo. Very Productive Day!

• Like 1

Hi Scrap! 

Today was an ordinary school day with a couple of errands thrown in, and a Cub Scout pack meeting tonight.

Last weekend was ordinary stuff: chores, rest and relax, church on Sunday. It was really cold here. 

Our forcast is similar to mom31257's. But I am praying against the rain on Saturday, because Dd and I are camping and have a trail ride planned. I may blow off school Wed, take Ds and go to the state park to map out a scout hike for later in the month. Gotta enjoy the sunny, not-too-hot days when they come! 

• Like 1