Menu

Has anyone heard about juuling?

mom2scouts

hmm.

I'll tell you, up until recently I've been inclined to support decriminalization or legalization/control of cannabis.  And the law will change here shortly and the provinces are getting set for it.

I've been really disappointed in the way this seems to have legitimized all kinds of use in the general public, including all kinds of new "fun" products and delivery methods and just a general attitude of wow - this is great stuff!  And along with that the provincial governments positively slavering over the revenue.

ETA: Rereading I didn't really say what I was getting at - there seems to be more and more legitimization of the idea that drug use , which is what this is, is just anther recreational activity.

Edited by Bluegoat
  • Like 3

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/juuling-the-dangerous-trend-gaining-steam-among-teens

I heard about this for the first time today. Rumors say that students at the local schools use it to inhale THC between classes and sometimes during class.

ah - I saw that article last night.  first time I'd heard of it. 

*some* kids have been doing pot between classes, and on school property since I was in high school in the 70's.

and the bathrooms at the jr high were so full of cigarette smoke, they were to be avoided.

eta: and remember- this is WA.  pot is legal now. . . . .

my boys had friends who got into drugs.   my sons then severed the relationships without telling me why.  I learned later.  in each case - it was basically self-medicating for depression and dysfunctional families.   which could also apply to my brother. who ended up not only using, but growing and dealing heroin. (he eventually got clean.)

my olders did ps - none of them had any interest in this carp.

Edited by gardenmom5

Never heard of this. I was confused by the article, is this just a name brand vape product or something different?

Yes, apparently it's a brand name of a vaping product. It looks very much like a USB and is charged by USB, so many adults and teachers don't think anything about it even when they see it. Oh, and one "pod" is the nicotine equivalent to smoking an entire pack of cigarettes.

Edited by mom2scouts
  • Like 1