Menu

The Flash Wednesday Teachers Lounge 2-7-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all, and welcome to the Lounge!

Coffee and tea are available every day here. And by tea, I mean, black, green (peppermint), and various tisanes (aka herbals). Help yourself!

Today's theme stems from the fact that my ds13 and I enjoy watching the tv show FLASH on CW every Wednesday morning. It airs on Tuesday nights but we like to watch it Wednesday mornings. He enjoys having me watch it with him.

What's on the docket today? Here: besides the above, taking introvert dd19 to the grocery store to practice starting conversations with people, and learning to listen to responses. Figure that's a good life skill to learn.

Who wants a personal chef? Here: me! (can't find the emoji that waves.)

Who else has a 13yo son that talks as much as a teenage girl?? Oi!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

Oh good I need another cup of coffee.  Or maybe a kick in the rear to get me moving.

Personal chef   :thumbup:   I don't mind cooking but get tired of coming up with WHAT to cook. And cleaning after.

LOL on talking and yes!  

Today I need to work on piles around house and will watch wrestling from last night.

• Like 1

Good morning, all, and welcome to the Lounge!

Coffee and tea are available every day here. And by tea, I mean, black, green (peppermint), and various tisanes (aka herbals). Help yourself!

Today's theme stems from the fact that my ds13 and I enjoy watching the tv show FLASH on CW every Wednesday morning. It airs on Tuesday nights but we like to watch it Wednesday mornings. He enjoys having me watch it with him.

What's on the docket today? Here: besides the above, taking introvert dd19 to the grocery store to practice starting conversations with people, and learning to listen to responses. Figure that's a good life skill to learn.

Who wants a personal chef? Here: me! (can't find the emoji that waves.)

Who else has a 13yo son that talks as much as a teenage girl?? Oi!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Black tea, stat. I think I'm still asleep.

School, housekeeping and writing until my fingers fall off. I'm getting close to finishing one short story. I need to proof a few query letters to send out tomorrow or early next week.

Don't want a personal chef. Cooking is one of the ways I self-soothe. I'm attempting a prime-rib roast today. It's the first time I've ever roasted a cut of meat that expensive and I hope I don't wreck it.

I have two 14 year old boys that talk a lot, but I'm probably not the best judge of whether it's out of the ordinary. We are all pretty introverted, and they think I talk too much. :laugh:

• Like 1

We had snow and ice today and all the schools closed, so my science class was cancelled.   My kids still had to do school, but I decided it would be a good day to clean ds's room.  I let them straighten but every month or so I do a deep clean.  It had been a while for his room and it was sooooo bad.  Two garbage bags, had to empty the vacuum twice, two reusable grocery bags (the big ones) of stuff that didn't actually belong in his room.

Now I'm eating lunch finally before doing the dishes, and waiting to see if TKD is cancelled for today.  Right now we're getting some freezing rain but it's supposed to warm up enough to change over to rain.  I think the roads might still be icky and once it gets dark it will be cold again, so I'm thinking (hoping) they cancel.

I do have a personal chef - dh!   :laugh:   He cooks dinner every night, and more importantly plans it and does the shopping for it.  Clean up is my job but I don't mind that.  I HATE cooking, especially daily, have-to-do-it cooking.

Ds12 can be quite a talker when he gets in a mood.  He can drone on for hours about Minecraft or Pokemon sometimes.  

We're having a Flash snow squall now. Pretty intense snow fall, yucky driving and -9 F with the windchill. I'm looking forward to skiing tomorrow or the next day, but for now I'm enjoying the view from indoors. ;)

Dh and I are going to a Stand-up comedy show tonight with one of our favourite Canadian comedians (who hasn't made it big in the US yet). His name is Brent Butt, and he acted, produced, etc. the TV series Corner Gas on CTV (Canada). Super clean, very funny guy. I'm pumped!!

Trivia question:  Who knows a Canadian comedian who has made it big in the US? Who knows 3?

• Like 1