Menu

Aw, they didn't fit!

Night Elf

I ordered a limited edition pair of Toms. The total cost was $65. That's more than I really should be spending right now but DH said to go ahead and not worry about it. So I get them yesterday and they're too big. Toms doesn't do exchanges. I have to return these and then order a new size. However, I don't think I can bring myself to order that new pair. I don't know if I want to spend that much money on shoes I can't wear yet. They're warm weather shoes. Plus, the sizes are never consistent. I have some 7.5 that fits great, one 7.0 that fits great, and one 7.0 that is hard to get on. So I'm not excited about going down a size because they may be hard to get on and that is annoying. So I guess I'll just return these and not get another pair. Rats.

I ordered a limited edition pair of Toms. The total cost was $65. That's more than I really should be spending right now but DH said to go ahead and not worry about it. So I get them yesterday and they're too big. Toms doesn't do exchanges. I have to return these and then order a new size. However, I don't think I can bring myself to order that new pair. I don't know if I want to spend that much money on shoes I can't wear yet. They're warm weather shoes. Plus, the sizes are never consistent. I have some 7.5 that fits great, one 7.0 that fits great, and one 7.0 that is hard to get on. So I'm not excited about going down a size because they may be hard to get on and that is annoying. So I guess I'll just return these and not get another pair. Rats.

You should have good shoes, though. Maybe try a company that makes it easy to return if the fit is wrong?
  • Like 1

I don't order from companies with inconsistently-sized shoes any more.  Sole Society, I'm looking at you, but I know Tom's is the same way just from trying them on a couple of times.  I used to buy shoes without ever even trying them on in the store.  I just wore a 7 1/2, no questions asked.  But now, it seems that so many manufacturers can't seem to be consistent even within their own brand, much less with anyone else's, that I almost never order online any more, and I try on every pair in the store.  It leads to my buying many fewer shoes.

I don't order from companies with inconsistently-sized shoes any more.  Sole Society, I'm looking at you, but I know Tom's is the same way just from trying them on a couple of times.  I used to buy shoes without ever even trying them on in the store.  I just wore a 7 1/2, no questions asked.  But now, it seems that so many manufacturers can't seem to be consistent even within their own brand, much less with anyone else's, that I almost never order online any more, and I try on every pair in the store.  It leads to my buying many fewer shoes.

Dansko is like this, too.

When my PF was really bad, one pair of Dansko sandals was my absolute fallback, with rockhard arches that I draped my poor feet over every day.  As soon as I realized that these were basically essential to my well-being, I went back to REI for another pair, tried on every pair they had in that size and one up and one down, and not a single one fit the same.  I went looking for them elsewhere, no luck.  

Very annoying to be depending on something that is essentially unavailable.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there—my Toms are my everyday summer shoes and they are three years old. I’d go ahead and order the new pair, summer will be here soon and they are comfy shoes.

Oh no! They were the cute music ones, right? :( I found that I am a different size in every different style of toms :/ Within those styles, I’m consistent but at least I could try them on at my leisure and figure out what’s what. I would have given up on that whole brand, otherwise.

Just throwing this out there—my Toms are my everyday summer shoes and they are three years old. I’d go ahead and order the new pair, summer will be here soon and they are comfy shoes.

They're my go to shoes as well. I have 4 pair but one pair is really hard to get on. The size up was too big as my heel slipped out, that's why I went down a size. Now the same thing happened. My heel is slipping out of this size but if I go down a size, will it be really hard to get on? And when I say hard to get on, I mean I hurt my finger every time i put them on. I need a shoe horn I guess. They're snug when they're on but they don't feel tight. It's just hard to get them on initially.