Menu

The Friday Feels Like Monday Teachers Lounge 2-2-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I woke up way later than I thought I would ( 0930 ), a client called with an issue I don't know how to answer just yet, and I realized my son has to be to theater class in just over an hour! Total Monday. On Friday. Oh, and I really have to pay bills today. Blah.

What does your Friday feel like today? Here: see above!

Plans for the weekend? Here: maybe a play tonight. A "write-out" tomorrow. Like a write-in: where a group of us writers meet together to enjoy company while writing on our own WIPS (works in progress). But this is a write-OUT because we're meeting outside in a park, instead of inside a building. (Average high in Phoenix area is high 70s, which is why this is possible). Church on Sunday.

Any other perimenopausal women here with me? Here: I'm pretty sure I've been there for at least the last year and it seems to be progressing now. Yay. Actually, I'll be glad to be done with the monthly cycle. I wish it wasn't such a slow process. I'd just like to be DONE.   :tongue_smilie: Woke up sweating last night so kicked off blankets. Later I woke up shivering because I was cold. And no, I'm not sick.

Anyone working at a j-o-b this weekend? Here: I could work at my job as a security guard for the Monster Jam this weekend. I could. If I wanted to. But I really don't. So I won't.  :001_cool:

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 2

What does your Friday feel like today?

Plans for the weekend? Here: maybe a play tonight. A "write-out" tomorrow. Like a write-in: where a group of us writers meet together to enjoy company while writing on our own WIPS (works in progress). But this is a write-OUT because we're meeting outside in a park, instead of inside a building. (Average high in Phoenix area is high 70s, which is why this is possible). Church on Sunday.

Any other perimenopausal women here with me? Here: I'm pretty sure I've been there for at least the last year and it seems to be progressing now. Yay. Actually, I'll be glad to be done with the monthly cycle. I wish it wasn't such a slow process. I'd just like to be DONE.   :tongue_smilie: Woke up sweating last night so kicked off blankets. Later I woke up shivering because I was cold. And no, I'm not sick.

Anyone working at a j-o-b this weekend? Here: I could work at my job as a security guard for the Monster Jam this weekend. I could. If I wanted to. But I really don't. So I won't.  :001_cool:

Talk to me! :bigear:

Friday feels like Thursday. I don't know why.

Plans: Well, today I've got to do some proofreading, writing on my sequel to my first book and two short stories I'm writing. I have to plan the boys' school next week and figure out if I get to type it and print it or if I have to write it long hand. Depends on whether we get toner today or not. It's supposed to be cold and possibly a little rainy this weekend, so I doubt we'll be outside that much.

Not yet. But I've been hot and cold for most of my life in fits and starts, so...

Yes. But I'm debating driving to the out-of-town library after work and doing some research on a pet project. I've got some nutty ideas about taking my short stories and rewriting them in graphic novel format, watercoloring all the illustrations just for a lark. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's a totally Monday kind of day.  Ready to strangle both my at home kids.  They are both being whiny, cranky, obnoxious little buggers.  Dd is doing math and keeps getting the questions wrong.  I can't help her right now so I keep telling her to TAKE A BREAK and she refuses to.  So she's sitting there crying instead of just taking a damn break. She's not feeling well so I get it plus she has her period but I keep telling her she doesn't have to do it right now, go relax, go play.  

Not many plans for the weekend.  We might go to church but we might not.  It's the first Sunday so ds doesn't have Sunday School, I'm not teaching, dd is not acolyting, dd is not feeling well (just a cold but still), so we'll see.

Yes, I'm definitely perimenopausal.   

No job this weekend but I have to prepare a bunch of stuff for my weekday classes.  Also have a 4-H meeting Monday night and I start a job as a stem coordinator Tuesday evening.

What does your Friday feel like today?  

Regular Friday here. Low key b/c ds goes to tutorial and I have some flex time. Busy, but not rushed.

Plans for the weekend?

Dh will help kids finish Pinewood Derby Cars. I will watch Ds' basketball game, do around the house stuff, grocery shop and meal plan.

Church Sunday and probably watch the Superbowl, at least for a while. Hopefully some reading for school and some for fun.

Any other perimenopausal women here with me? 

Btdt. Not fun. Acupuncture helped me lots.

Anyone working at a j-o-b this weekend? 

Yes. I will work some this afternoon and on Sunday morning. I work for my church, so Sundays and Wednesdays are always partly work. 

Thankful to have part time work that pays well for the hours, is flexible, and that I enjoy very much. 

• Like 1

What does your Friday feel like today? I don't have a clue what the day is. I have been like that all week and I don't know why.   :confused1: 

Plans for the weekend? I hope as little as possible. January weekends were full. Fun but full. Would like to stay home and scrapbook some. And dh will watch the superbowl

Anyone working at a j-o-b this weekend? nope no job