Menu

what kind of paint do you use for face paint?

Could you get a set of Halloween face paints on clearance? Don't know if that would have all the colors you want or not though.

No, halloween stuff is long gone.

We actually have a decent craft center on base. But I've never done face painting before, and just don't know what paint to buy.

I know someone on here knows!

I have a brand called Snazaroo that I got online from DickBlick.com. I used it for Halloween and it works GREAT and washes off super easy and w/o mess. It's made in UK and labeled as FDA approved (non-toxic).

(I'd post a photo but I haven't been able to figure out how to get photos into a post:tongue_smilie:).

I have a brand called Snazaroo that I got online from DickBlick.com. I used it for Halloween and it works GREAT and washes off super easy and w/o mess. It's made in UK and labeled as FDA approved (non-toxic). .

Yes but is it acyrlic, tempera, poster paints or what? I know you can use some kind of just regular kid paint, I just don't know which one.

I face paint frequently and just use regular acrylic paints. I do not use this for all-over face designs--just smaller art on the cheek, arm, forehead, etc. If you use it all over it is stiff and cracks. It stays on well and cleans up with water and soap.

THANK YOU!! This is exactly what I needed to know! I'm short on budget at this point, and ording things just adds crazy amounts in shipping. And while someone else pointed out Hobby Lobby, the nearest one of those is about a few thousand miles away! LOL! Luckily, of all the bases here on the island, there is actually a arts and craft place, and it's here on the AF base, so that is the easiest as well as cheapest option for us. Plus we'll run through about 100 kids on the day of the party.

Thank you!

My absolute favorite medium for face painting is not paint at all... it is watercolor pencils. Just get non-toxic ones. Then.... dip the pencil into water and draw, draw, draw. I find this much easier to do detailing with than a paintbrush. This is what was used at a Renaissance Faire and I have been doing it this way for over 10 years now. This is far less expensive than buying paints and paintbrushes. For larger groups I prefer to keep more than one set for ease of keeping them sharpened. Also, practice a bit first... too much water and they bleed... but it is so easy to do.