Menu

I have 3 audible credits and need help picking books to buy

for your 10 yr old, the 100 cupboard series by N.D Wilson, or Andrew Peterson's series,  perhaps John Buchan's The 39 Steps , or something by Jennifer Nielsen

for your 15 yr old Ellis Peters (Cadfael), something by Agatha Christie, Unbroken Y/A fiction

for yourself The Restoration ChroniclesBrat Farrar,  this one is under teens but is a pretty weighty story The Girl Who Drank the MoonThe Nazi Hunters You & your teen may enjoy this)

my favourite book for this year (which was a WTM  BaW recommendation ;-p )  is... News of the World by Paulette Jiles

ETA: For others that like heads up on 'content' in books: The non-fiction titles both have curse words in them, and Unbroken has one "f " word - a bit hard to skip on audio.  News of the World mentions child prostitution but doesn't go into details (if you have youngers around while it's playing).

Edited by Tuesdays Child

for your 10 yr old, the 100 cupboard series by N.D Wilson, or Andrew Peterson's series, perhaps John Buchan's The 39 Steps , or something by Jennifer Nielsen

for your 15 yr old Ellis Peters (Cadfael), something by Agatha Christie, Unbroken Y/A fiction

for yourself The Restoration Chronicles, Brat Farrar, this one is under teens but is a pretty weighty story The Girl Who Drank the Moon, The Nazi Hunters You & your teen may enjoy this)

my favourite book for this year (which was a WTM BaW recommendation ;-p ) is... News of the World by Paulette Jiles

Thank you so much for these recommendations!

• Like 1