Menu

What fridge has the best storage? What kind do you have?

mommyoffive

French door fridge on top.  Freezer drawer on bottom.  Had it for 12 yrs now and can't imagine having any other type of fridge.

ETA we have had it repaired about 3 times so far - every time it breaks, the cost of a new one is so absurd that it makes more sense to fix it.  But then invariably the repairman will comment that newer ones are (even) lower quality than the one that's older.

Edited by wapiti
  • Like 2

We got the one that fit the spot for the fridge. It is super important to measure the space and then measure the fridges in the store to see which ones can go in that space.

In particular we got the freezer on top and the fridge below model that many people here say they will never use. It didn’t really matter that I would have chosen something else because I couldn’t choose something else.

I have the same setup as wapiti and I think it is great. Fire maximum storage don't get ice our water dispensers. They are also additional things to break.

Is the physical space limited? I got the largest fridge that met my requirements and still fit in the cabinet cut-out. Between size, requirements and ratings I ended up with a Whirlpool. It needed an expensive electronic repair two years in, but since I bought it with my credit card that automatically doubles the warrantee, it was covered. So, I'm happy with it, but can't recommend it unconditionally.

About 7-8 years ago we purchased an all-fridge fridge (NO freezer) and I. love. it.  I can't see going back until the kids are out of the house - if then. Our full-sized freezer is out in the back mudroom.  If/when we do go back, I'll probably do the bottom freezer.  Even just typing that makes me realize I don't want to go back.  Sears sells an all-fridge fridge. 

We got the one that fit the spot for the fridge. It is super important to measure the space and then measure the fridges in the store to see which ones can go in that space.

In particular we got the freezer on top and the fridge below model that many people here say they will never use. It didn’t really matter that I would have chosen something else because I couldn’t choose something else.

That is exactly what we will be doing when the time comes to replace our current fridge.  Unless we want to remodel the kitchen to accommodate a larger fridge - which I am 99.9% sure isn't going to happen.  We'll end up choosing the one model that will fit the space available.  And it will have the freezer on top and the fridge below. 

• Like 1

I had to pop on and reply because we LOVE our fridge for one reason-it has a snack drawer! It's a Samsung with fridge on top, snack drawer in middle, and freezer on bottom. The snack drawer pulls out so the kids don't have to open the entire fridge. We put all of the perishable snacks in there such as fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, etc. Then we also have a regular snack drawer and they know they can only choose a snack from one of the two drawers. One of our best purchases ever!!!