Menu

Quick - Instant Pot Thanksgiving ideas

Joules

I've never used my 6 qt Instant Pot.  The store was out of the GF side dishes that I was going to buy for tomorrow's lunch, so I'm in a panic.  Does anyone have a tried and true GF starchy/savory food recipe that a newbie not-very-talented cook could pull off without a trial run?  It's just 6 people, but leftovers are fine.  All I have right now is a sliced turkey breast and a peach cobbler.  :eek: I have to go to a luncheon today, then shop, and still make the pumpkin pies and some sort of veggie!

I love doing mashed taters in my Pot. I also will do some rice (dd is bringing her insert pot over to use for the rice - yes, both my dds have Instant Pots now - since I do not want to mess with cleaning hot mashed taters out of the insert pot to reuse it for rice. I really need to get a second insert pot. I am making cranberry orange sauce today in the pot, too, as there are a lot of "how to" recipes on-line. Beats standing by the stove stirring for ten minutes.

You could also cook some wild rice in the pot. Remove rice to cool. Rinse out liner pot. Then make white or brown rice. Use broth of your choice instead of water.

Add some sauteed veggies/chopped pecans and favorite seasonings and the wild rice to the cooked brown or white rice and tada - pilaf. Do this today, nuke to reheat tomorrow.

I'd do the cranberry sauce and pilaf. That, plus what you have and some green beans or broccoli, is a fine Thanksgiving meal.

Edited by JFSinIL