Menu

Favorite non-skid house slippers?

El...

Amazon just isn't showing what I need.  Please help me shop!

Our whole family needs some slippers, because it's cold here, and we can't wear socks on the wooden stairs in our house.  I slipped a few days ago and bounced down six steps on my hip.  I'm very lucky that I didn't break anything.  I have the worst bruise I've ever had in my life.  Good thing I've got so much... meat on my bones.

What are your favorite house shoes or slippers that have great traction?  I need some for men, women and kids ages 6 and 10.  Bonus points if they are soft and fuzzy inside!  :)  

Oh, I can't use Sams, Costco, or JCPenney.  They won't ship to my location.

I have some LL Bean slippers that are really warm and fuzzy, but they don't have much support so I only wear them for relaxing at night in the winter. Most of the year I like to wear Birkenstock sandals with socks. The combo is warm, supportive, and non-slip. If I have a lot of work to do in the house and don't want to wear sandals, then I will wear running shoes or Skechers that I don't wear outside (at least not very much).

• Like 1

I have some BearPaw halfboots from Amazon that are my house slippers - warm and fuzzy inside, but also excellent tread - I can wear them outside in a pinch.  I am wearing them right now, in fact - look for this at Amazon for more info  Bearpaw

Bearpaw Women Heidi Boot

I looked under kids, too - yup, they have boots like this -

Bearpaw Suzy Youth Round Toe Synthetic Brown Winter Boot 

that would work for a kidlet.  Looks like great traction, too!

I wear these short boots as house slippers since I am in a drafty old house from 1906 and these keep both feet and ankles warm!  And if I want to run out to get the newspaper and the driveway is icy/snowy these work fine.

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 1