Menu

Tampa and Florida members...what is the local talk about why those 3 people were murdered?

unsinkable

As someone who endured the Beltway Sniper period of time, I have been wondering about this, too.

Me too! I was pregnant with twins and my DH and I carpooled together from No. VA to DC each week. It was a terrifying time!!!! We weren't far from the shooting at the Sunoco.

• Like 1

Serial killer or not, that is not a neighborhood I would want to be walking around in after dark. They have released like security camera videos of a “person of interest†and since the most recent there has been an influx of calls with leads. However are they good and the leads or simply people hoping to get the ever growing reward money.? Mostly there is zero info and scared people. He shoots from afar so not a lot of clues unfortunately.

Seminole Heights, where the murders have occurred, was an older run-down neighborhood that has seen a revival over the past 5-10 years and is known for being a trendy, hip neighborhood now.  But it's still surrounded by some shadier sections of town and people are really scared.   The last shooting occurred within earshot of the police who were out canvassing the neighborhood.   All of the victims were young adults and were shot in very close proximity to bus stops.   Other than that, nobody knows what or why it's happening, and the police aren't saying if they have any more info or not.   People are scared to go out after dark, scared to take their kids trick-or-treating on Halloween, and scared to go to restaurants (who have been hit doubly hard because they all shut down for more than a week in September during/after Hurricane Irma).  

• Like 1