Menu

Schedule - printable or otherwise? MOTH style

ktgrok

First, I'm spreadsheet challenged, so please don't say Excel. I mean, I will if I have to....but would rather not. 

Looking for the quick and dirty way to get a basic schedule on paper...I'm reading A Mother's Rule of Life right now (well, just started) and will probably read Managers of Our Home but honestly I need to jump on this while I have the energy and motivation. Any quick and dirty thing I can print or something? I saw MOTH has software but you have to prove you bought the book first, and mail something in or something??

I need to actually have set aside times for my writing, kids' schooling, supervising my oldest in actually doing work, cleaning, cooking, exercise, exercising the dog, etc. 

For the boys, I just made a schedule template for the week. I fill it out on Saturdays. Pretty simple--just the subjects, what's supposed to get done and what day.

For the housekeeping, I wrote that down and typed it up. I change it from time to time, based on the weather and what's going on from season to season.

For writing--I get to write in the morning before school, and I write an hour or so after school, and then after supper until bedtime. That works pretty well.

The dogs-I just take them for a morning walk, and the boys take them for their afternoon walk. That counts as my exercise for now. I'm hoping to get back to training for another 10K to half-marathon. I'll probably just exercise an hour in the afternoon or the mornings and cut cleaning somewhere. :001_smile:

Use a different color of square post it note for each person (a la MOTH). Write out their activities in 1 hour or 30 minute blocks.

Arrange these post it notes in a grid shape on the wall, rearranging as necessary until you get the kinks worked out. Take a picture with your phone. Text that picture to everyone who needs it, and leave the postits up on the wall.

ETA of course you can print it if you actually need it "on paper."

Edited by Seasider