Menu

A Lesson in Eloquence

I had dcs watch Obama's victory speech this AM because when I heard it last night on the radio I was truly struck by the level of eloquence.

I am always stressing to my own kids, as well as my students when I am in teaching situations, that to have a strong command of words/language is to be able to express yourself clearly and rivet your audience.

Obama's speech was a wonderful example of all that I have tried to convey to my kids and students. The use of language was awe-inspiring IMHO.:001_smile:

:iagree:

I had dcs watch Obama's victory speech this AM because when I heard it last night on the radio I was truly struck by the level of eloquence.

I am always stressing to my own kids, as well as my students when I am in teaching situations, that to have a strong command of words/language is to be able to express yourself clearly and rivet your audience.

Obama's speech was a wonderful example of all that I have tried to convey to my kids and students. The use of language was awe-inspiring IMHO.:001_smile:

:iagree: We stayed up and watched it all on TV and were glad we kept our dc up. (Well until I tried to do school today.)