Menu

Giving a used book as a gift?

...new or antique.

So I wouldn't give a book that had been read as a gift gift. But I would certainly pass it on--but not as a gift.

I just have to say I love getting used books as gifts, especially when it's from someone I know loved the book. But I just love used books period.

I just have to say I love getting used books as gifts, especially when it's from someone I know loved the book. But I just love used books period.

Me too. I would be very happy if someone got a good deal on a book for me!!! I would actually be happier than if they bought it new.

I gave my niece 5 literature classics last year for Christmas that I got off bookmooch.com. She is in college and had specifically said she was trying to expand her reading. I told her where I got them and we did give her another small present also, since the books were all essentially free.

Many of the gifts I give are bought used, including books. If the item is in like new condition, then I don't think it matters whether or not it is new. Because I have always given used gifts, my dc expect that many of their presents will be picked up at thrift stores and yard sales.

My other relatives don't mind either. These are always things in great condition though, and sometimes are still in the box etc.