Menu

Some girls takes weeks to pick out homecoming dance dresses with sparkle and pretty pastel colors

lynn

BUT not my girl. My beautiful will not be like everyone else dd chooses an urban chic look in 2 hours the night before the dance. A muted orange/cream and pairs it with her ugg sort of style boots because she doesn't want to shop for shoes ands we can't find her sandals. However this is an upgrade from just wearing her school clothes why, because she just wants to go to talk to her friends. Oh i am sure there are going to be many more baby girl is now in middle school stories to entertain over the next few years...

• Like 4

LOL, yeah, my DD would probably pull something out of the closet and wear her combat boots. Halloween costumes are another thing entirely. She's been planning and working on this year's for almost two months now and has started freaking out saying she should have started in June.

Combat boots with a dress or skirt can be adorable.

https://youtu.be/8FUPewQ8wV4

• Like 3

Shoot, if my DD ended up at a hoco dance, she would rummage through her dance costumes, pull out the one that looks least like a dance costume and more like a dress, and then pair it with her combat boots.  Then she would look at me in horror when I suggest that she may want to do more than just brush her hair.   :huh:

One of the many perks of homeschooling.  

But I'd love to see a picture! I think it sounds cute and fun!

• Like 1

I think it sound adorable. Half the homecoming dresses are a little... desperate looking, anyway. Your daughter sounds like she has her own quirky taste and is owning it, and that confidence is worth a lot more than looking like everyone else.